affordable Live chat software?

It really depends on your budget although I would stay away from LiveResponse as we've experienced many issues with it.

We currently use AliveChat and they seem to be the best so far.

Since our launch we've used three live chat softwares:

ProvideSupport
Kayako LiveResponse
LiveZilla

We really liked all of them but so far LiveZilla is our favorite. For something that is completely free to use and customization it definitely out beats the other two. The fact that it is a free solution is just a mere bonus for us. Out of the 3, Kayako LiveResponse was probably our least favorite.

We use Crafty Syntax. The operator layout looks like something from 1996, but it works well and you can't beat the cost being free.

It supports multiple operators and doesn't require anything more than a browser, which is exactly what we wanted.

And did I mention it is free? :)

Livezilla's good as long as your comfortable including all the server coding/database needed to run it. There are more than enough external providers as well; just depends where you want the db to reside.

We use comm100.com (Free)
It may not be the best option out there but it's working fine for us. (May be because we done have high requirements)

So I would say it's pretty decent option.

We are using zopim for our live chat its really easy to install and it has a trial version if you want to try its features

I'd vote for LivePerson and Kayako's Live Support suite. They've got all the features you would need and are really user-friendly, especially LivePerson.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ansrtch