affordable Live chat software?

possibly suggested before but I have had great expierance with LiveZilla. And if you go deep in to it you can decustomised it to your company. the client based support admin end I find really cool

Live Chat & Visitor Tracking

Special Introductory Pricing!
$6.95/month or $89.95 One Time

* Simple Setup - just drop into the modules folder
* Multiple Statuses Online/Offline/BRB/Away
* Ability to Transfer Chats Between Operators
* Ability to Send Predefined Responses
* Windows Desktop Tray Application
* Ability to Send Links, Images & JavaScript
* Popup Tray Alerts of Visitors/Chat Requests
* Also includes Web Based Admin Area
* Tabbed Chat Windows for Multiple Chats
* Sound and Popup Alerts
* Operator to Operator Chats
* Unlimited Operators & Departments
* Customizable Images

http://whmcs.com/livechat.php#pricing

live chat

used phplive chat << pretty good

livezilla << nice for free

Overall not too impressed with the live chat software. I have been considering stardevelop, but it is very expensive. It's hard to find a quality live chat script that sends to IM

LiveZilla is the one I use and I find it the most professional Live support tool out there. It allows a good interface and good graphics on client side and on your side there is a client program that runs instead of in browser. This method is good for managing and providing quality service. There are plently more reasons but I recommend testing it out your self.

We us phplivesupport. We've used Kayako (and still have an owned license for the suite), but don't use it now as there's no Linux support for the chat. We HAVE to run Windows to use their chat support. Not good enough!

For $100 (one time fee) and then install the software on your own server, and have full access to customize the code, templates and inner workings of the software - the phplivesupport can hardly be beat.

By checking today we found phplivesupport's new price is $49.95 for v3.0 and v3.3 that are both stable products to install.

Just thought you'd like to know.

The other day i have encountered the same sort of discussion. People on the forums usually discuss about the free or cheap live chat softwares and services. In my point of view if you are a small website and traffic is too small, then in such a case its better to go for cheap or free softwares but if your traffic is too high, why to take a chance of implementing free softwares or services. Free or cheap softwares do no give you a control over all the required processes. If you have huge traffic on your website, first of all list down the requirements and then do a research in the market. Compare all of them present in the market and check which of them can fulfill your requirements. The main objective is to retain the traffic or converting them in to leads. As far as software providers are promising your requirements, you can trust them. Its better to go for that <url snip> live chat software </url snip> which is more reliable and has a good reputation in the market.

Last edited:
Hello Albert, welcome to the discussion!

There's nothing wrong with using FREE software if it does what you want. I've spent thousands over the years on live chat software, and at the end of the day LiveZilla does what I need for myself and 10 other staff. There's a few things I'd like to see extra, but nothing that we can't live without.

So, what makes "wglivechatsoftware" better than other live chat software discussed? It certanly can't be the reputation as you mentioned as the program has very little following. Only 7 sites currently link to the site. Searching for those mentioning "wglivechatsoftware" and there's 129 results most of which are your own pages.

The domain "wglivechatsoftware.com" was registered on 12/30/2009, so it can't be the years of track record that you're referring to as the domain is only 1 year old. So what makes "web greeters" more reliable and a better reputation than other products?

Why don't the "compare" or "buy" buttons on the main page of the website work? Is this an indication to the quality control put on the product too?

I tried to find a pricing sheet on the site - couldn't find it. All I could see in the header was a $100/seat/month fee. So $1200 and I don't own the software. For me, that'll cost me $12,000/year to operate.

Would love to hear more information on the product, but the site is hard to navigate and links don't work.

So, what makes "wglivechatsoftware" better than other live chat software discussed?

It is not better. It was just an attempt to spam.
Yes, this is how wglivechatsoftware prefers to promote their business. :crash:

Recommendation: If you notice a post like that with a link-building attempt, do not waste your energy - just report it and it will be dealt with.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexander Enrique