affordable Live chat software?

I couple of years ago, I spent several hours searching and testing all the Live Chat options out there.

I'm always biased against the "Pay / month" software. I'd rather pay for a one-time license if I really like the software, or better still, go for the great free software packages out there.

I decided to stay with CraftySyntax and have used it for years. Great software! The interface is somewhat ancient though and the response is a little slow, but overall, it does a good job.

But then I discovered LiveZilla! (Thanks HD!) Wow! I could not keep my jaw closed after that!

LiveZilla is so much better and faster than CraftySyntax, and the interface is so much simpler and user friendly.

So, I immediately switched to LiveZilla and are loving it!

Regards,

Does anyone know of any affordable or free live chat support software? I want to test them out to see which is best for me so ones that have a trial period would be helpful. I have tried Crafty and HelpCenterLive already and am considering HCL

I have worked on Live person and have a very good experience of it, It is worth the amount that we pay for the license.

Really a nice online chat software.

I use LiveZilla also for support. It is free and it runs almost like a premium support software. It also tells you what page the visitor is on etc...

Agreed, I use livezilla too, and from using this program from other programs love this, but they have a catch! There program only works in a Windows OS.

We have developt our own live sales program, it uses IRC and a javascript client. that works nice. With a competition of who the fastest is.

If you are looking for a paid solution, I would suggest you Live Person. It is affordable, reliable in its services, provides a massive archive option, can have reports.

A complete system if you are targeting live chat very seriously to grow your business.

We have made our own live chat engine that works with IRC, thats really nice because we all can see the chat. I think make your own system is the best opinion because you can build for your own requirements.

I couple of years ago, I spent several hours searching and testing all the Live Chat options out there.

I'm always biased against the "Pay / month" software. I'd rather pay for a one-time license if I really like the software, or better still, go for the great free software packages out there.

I decided to stay with CraftySyntax and have used it for years. Great software! The interface is somewhat ancient though and the response is a little slow, but overall, it does a good job.

But then I discovered LiveZilla! (Thanks HD!) Wow! I could not keep my jaw closed after that!

LiveZilla is so much better and faster than CraftySyntax, and the interface is so much simpler and user friendly.

So, I immediately switched to LiveZilla and are loving it!

Regards,

We started to install LiveZilla and ran into some configuration issue where we just couldn't get past it to finish the install. We found the install documentation lacking in explanation of our install error situation, so we just gave up and kept using the old standby of CraftySyntax.

Too bad, we would have been glad to switch to LiveZilla.

Zopim is very user-friendly, now they have 1 free support member plan free for lifetime, and i feel they are quote well priced. :)

Does anyone know of any affordable or free live chat support software? I want to test them out to see which is best for me so ones that have a trial period would be helpful. I have tried Crafty and HelpCenterLive already and am considering HCL

Zopim is a good live chat software and they do also have a FREE plan which you can signup with their free program and later on if you think that it is suitable to your business requirement you can upgrade then then to any higher plan based on your own requirements as arises in future.

Licensepal.com can help you to get more better pricing for Zopim chat system.

to me crafty syntax is very basic and looks very cheap in design and setup, even though its free

Last edited:
We're using Zopim as of now. It's pretty reliable and has a user-friendly interface. They also offer themes so you can customize it to suit your site.

Zopim works pretty good and they have a free version for starting companies.

I would say their free LITE version which they state is Best for Individuals is no good if you need zopim for business purposes

1 Agent Only
1 Concurrent Chat
14-day Chat History