affordable Live chat software?

We have made our own live chat engine that works with IRC, thats really nice because we all can see the chat. I think make your own system is the best opinion because you can build for your own requirements.

Yes, that's true but what about live visitor monitoring to see who is on your site and where they are coming from 'LIVE'?

That's really why I live the live chat features and we are currently using Comm100 live chat feature.

We also custom designed an IRC based system as well using a web chat interface and mIRC clients on our staff computers.

That's really why I live the live chat features and we are currently using Comm100 live chat feature.

We still have a comm100 account, but have not used it for some time as dont really like it as you need to have another open browser to use as it is hosted by them and not self hosted

Last edited:
Actually with Comm100 they have a desktop application that you can run with any OS that uses Adobe Air as I recall. I know I am using it on a Windows OS as a desktop app.

I was using LiveZilla till they changed things so you had to pay for features like seeing the user IP location. I really like that as you could see the actual country they were from and such very easy.

I have fell out of love with Comm100 since you have these features you don't use and yet they are showing up in the backend interface. Take for instance. Tickets. I use the WHMCS ticket system so I don't need that showing up.

I have thought about getting the WHMCS chat not sure however if that is a good option.
I know most of the chat clients have a huge per operator fee.

Actually with Comm100 they have a desktop application that you can run with any OS that uses Adobe Air as I recall. I know I am using it on a Windows OS as a desktop app.

I was using LiveZilla till they changed things so you had to pay for features like seeing the user IP location. I really like that as you could see the actual country they were from and such very easy.

I have fell out of love with Comm100 since you have these features you don't use and yet they are showing up in the backend interface. Take for instance. Tickets. I use the WHMCS ticket system so I don't need that showing up.

I have thought about getting the WHMCS chat not sure however if that is a good option.
I know most of the chat clients have a huge per operator fee.

so tyey eventally got the secktop app sorted and available, when i used comm100 they were tring to develop the desktop app.

We Use the WHMCS chat (stardevelop) and this works great. with VAT it cost just over $8 a month direct from WHMCS for unlimited operators etc.

Sounds like WHMCS chat is the best solution if you are using WHMCS that is.

I originally stayed way from it because I wanted something that would work on any OS, but that just isn't going to happen as all desktop clients are basically for Windows only.

I did really like the idea that it integrates into the WHMCS platform as well. I don't know how that would work out actually but as they describe it it really sounds nice.

Sounds like WHMCS chat is the best solution if you are using WHMCS that is.

I originally stayed way from it because I wanted something that would work on any OS, but that just isn't going to happen as all desktop clients are basically for Windows only.

I did really like the idea that it integrates into the WHMCS platform as well. I don't know how that would work out actually but as they describe it it really sounds nice.

The WHMCS livechat is basically the Stardevelop chat system and can be used without WHMCS, but stardevelop only price by a one time fee

There is a great number of live chat systems, we are suing Kayako for more than 6 years.This system provides constant updates and is very useful for our clients. Our client use both Kayako live chat system and Kayako ticket system.

Kayako is rather affordable and in case something goes wrong, their support team will quickly resolve your problem by email.

Live Person is the best! Zopim is more modest solution but it is a budget one. You pay only $11,20 per agent. Moreover, you can get it even for free (1 agent only). it will be good for those who are just starting their business.

I like https://www.livezilla.net they still have a free version with a single Operator and its a one time for for more. You have to host it yourself but well worth it if you do not have to pay a monthly service fee. You can brand it for your website and have it on multiple sites at no extra cost. If you can find an older version when it was completely open source you can run that as well with unlimited operators for free.

I like https://www.livezilla.net they still have a free version with a single Operator and its a one time for for more. You have to host it yourself but well worth it if you do not have to pay a monthly service fee. You can brand it for your website and have it on multiple sites at no extra cost. If you can find an older version when it was completely open source you can run that as well with unlimited operators for free.

with livezillas free version 4 its 1 operator and 1 concurrent chat, with a 1 month chat history and no support apart from their community forum.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mikstrahost