Best Live Chat

I love this thread. No, really, I do ;)
I've been using Zopim for quite a while. My main problem with it though is the lack of a desktop option. I started looking for a replacement with a new project I'm (only kind of) keeping under wraps . So far Jivo looks to be a very suitable replacement for it.

Livezilla is the best chat system I've used so far. A little pricey if you go with their corporate plans but if its you and a couple people just starting out it is a good way to go.

We use Tawk.to, it's free and is very very good chat. We don't know why to pay if there is an hosted product that works perfectly!

A free SaaS live chat software is essentially the same as free hosting. There has to be revenue somewhere otherwise there isn't a business model. Eventually it would close as their costs are only going to increase.

When Zopim started out they were like Tawk.to, completely free. 2 years later they were running out of money and had to adopt a freemium model which is why we still have Zopim today.

OfferChat was exactly like Tawk.to today. They approached their set budgets and tried to adopt a freemium model but it didn't really take off. They have since closed down and sold the domain to PureChat.

Another product (I think it was PureChat) was another free product but has since adopted a more freemium business model.

Now I am not saying Tawk.to is going to close tomorrow, hopefully not. But there has to be revenue somewhere for it to be sustainable.

And in any case, if a software is bringing you additional sales it doesn't matter if you're spending $0 or $30. The case study on LiveChatInc's website shows a company bringing in an extra $65k per month from live chat -- at this point the $36 cost wouldn't really matter. Actually maybe it would but in favor of the paid product (security the product won't disappear, uptime guarantees and so on).

Last edited:
ReveChat in my opinion although it's expensive the video chatting experience is a plus, if your client requires additional assistance

We are using mylivechat. The setup is great, easy and most of all Free. The same code can be added to many websites.

We use LiveChatInc (sales) and also LivePerson (support) - we're looking to shift all support onto the sales one as it is working liking a charm and cost efficient.

We use LiveChatInc (sales) and also LivePerson (support) - we're looking to shift all support onto the sales one as it is working liking a charm and cost efficient.

why use 2 live chat applications, just use 1 and set different departments.