Best Live Chat

Tawk.to looks really similar to livechatinc in essence. Anyone try it out yet? Looks like it would be worth a shot, just a bit worrisome for being a free solution. From past experience, paid software tends to be a bit more dependable and secure.

We just started using Tawk.to / Impressed

You can use Zendesk chat or freshchat they are free plans, however zendesk is much easier to use to have a lot of experience with zendesk.

You know, I have used Tawk.to and ChatStack in the past, but am using LiveChat currently - and can't say I really like any of them.

never had any issues with tawk.to.
I like the fact you can add a code to as many websites as you want and use the 1 dashboard to control
them

Chatstack (formerly something else, I don't recall what) has always had issues with their live agent protocol, and their setup. It's just too ugly for my taste.

I have experience with two livechat options.

Kayako (used daily 2006-2012)
If you use Kayako for tickets, use Kayako for livechat. It has a full feature set an integrates perfectly into your ticket system. The seamless integration is well worth it compared to any slight advantages other software may have. The multi-department tool lets you have sales or support online independently. My experience, while extended, is also from six years ago, so things may have changed.

Livechat Inc (use daily from 2012-current)
I like livechat inc, but they've failed to innovate much in the time I've used them. They're also a bit steep @ $40/seat/month. Something that keeps me loyal is the app, which is darn-near perfect for handling the tail end of a lingering livechat once you want to step away from your desk. The stats are detailed and useful. One huge negative is that they've failed to give a good way to copy and paste a chat out of the program - it comes out all scrambled. Another negative is that the reliability has dropped a little - I'd say it's sitting at about 99% whereas it used to be 100%. Their support is fast, though.

All said and done, of what I have used, I'd recommend Livechat Inc over Kayako...unless, of course, you're using Kayako for tickets. That said, if you ask me in a few years, the slow decay of my otherwise impeccable opinion of Livechat Inc may have caused my eyes to wander to another new, shiny app.