Zopim Live Chat?

We use PHPLiveSupport and love it! We have used Zopim and it was good to but just didn't give us exactly what we needed.

Just out of curiosity - what features were missing from Zopim that you found in PHP live support? Wondering if there is something I'm missing :p

Zopim seems quite nice and user-friendly at first look. However this is associated with a pretty high price...and its per agent? Come on, who charges like that?! Even if I have a small company with 5 sales agents, it still is too much :twocents::twocents::twocents::twocents::twocents:

Ourselves, we use a very redesigned version of PHPLive! Support, tweaked to serve our needs. In my eyes a good chat software shouldn`t be too complex with hundreds of features. What you need are basic capabilities like "typing" indicator, transfer chat ability, canned responses option, customer information fields and just a few more. Everything else is just personal preference without any significant benefit to the chat process itself. I personally like the rating/comment option at the end of chats, because they provide valuable information to the host and shows where certain agents need to work upon.

Whichever software you choose, avoid keeping its basic outlook - modify it, make it look different, make it look like YOU! Its just another of the many faces of the company and you don't want to have a chat console the clients have seen numerous times before, used by other competitors they have checked. Be personal, be unique :rolleyes2

When you compare Zopim prices with competing services, they are not that expensive. We're using Zopim since 2010 and are very happy with the new features they keep on implementing as well as the great support team.

When you compare Zopim prices with competing services, they are not that expensive. We're using Zopim since 2010 and are very happy with the new features they keep on implementing as well as the great support team.

What features are you very happy with and what have they brought out recently (This is very useful information to me as I am working on... something ;))

Zopim seems to work a lot better as a pre-sale tool for potential customers. Once they do become customers, the support ticket is the much better way to go for getting assistance

I have tried it before , and as a money verses features actually it wins , however I used to have some minor technical problems like the continues disconnection .

We are using Zopim, it's a great tool for pre-sales. Support is done thru ticket or Skype.
There is some great recommendation tho, in past we used stardevelop live chat but the interface was ugly, may give it another try if it's better now.

As for us, we had a huge experience with chats.

Kayako was used and it really is decent, but it is regularly updated and "improved", resulting in shortcuts replacements and canned replies being regroupped. You have to get used to it from the start after each upgrade, not to mention permanent frustrating hangups.

Zopim was also used for a while, but its cost is really too high and all these additional features are rarely needed and are rather confusing, not useful.

We also tried using SnapEngage chat for a while, as it has all the features a good chat should have - typing indicator, multiple chats can be answered at once, canned replies are groupped easily and found quickly, it supports in-chat shortcuts and is highly adjustable. However, it also hanged up a lot, which was very inconvenient (it was about a year ago, maybe now the situation is better).

After all we ended up using Livezilla chat system. It has all the benefits mentioned above and we were not able to detect a single flaw in it for several months we use it. One of the most convenient features for customers is that chat is started if agent is online and ticket is created if agent is offline, so customers do not have to ask twice.

<MOD NOTE: Signatures must be setup in your profile.>

Last edited:
All of our support is done through tickets - we had Zopim active a few times however, we noticed it slowed page loads. I think if they offered just a button vs loading the whole chat app into the page it would be better.

We used LiveZilla, and it was great! But the thing is, once we switched to linux as our primary operating system, we couldn't run livezilla (wine simply cannot run it), so we decided to give it a try with Zopim. Not a fan of online-interface, but we will see.

Big plus for Zopim - have always liked working with it.

The only gripe is that it does not integrate with other client management systems, although the functionality could probably be programmed.

Zopim chat is awesome ... great features like pop-out chat

Another thing I like about Zopim chat is the chat bots and that you can still answer live chat requests via email ...

I use Click desk, it's a couple bucks more but it has this option maps option that shows live people as they visit your site on the world map. I think your is $12 click desk is $14

I will say though sometimes it does not update when I change my skype status and people think live chat is on when it's not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hostys