Zopim Live Chat?

Sidular

I've been using the Zopim client for a month or so now, and am trying to decide if I want to upgrade to one of their paid/premium plans.

They are fairly rich in features, and I absolutely adore their online dashboard/control panel. However, do you guys believe it's worth the paid upgrade, or are there any other valuable options out there in regards to live support?

If you haven't used or heard of Zopim, here's their website - https://www.zopim.com/
Maybe you could compare their offering with the client that you're currently using, and see which is better?

Pro's & cons would be appreciated as well.

Thanks;

I've been using the Zopim client for a month or so now, and am trying to decide if I want to upgrade to one of their paid/premium plans.

They are fairly rich in features, and I absolutely adore their online dashboard/control panel. However, do you guys believe it's worth the paid upgrade, or are there any other valuable options out there in regards to live support?

If you haven't used or heard of Zopim, here's their website - https://www.zopim.com/
Maybe you could compare their offering with the client that you're currently using, and see which is better?

Pro's & cons would be appreciated as well.

Thanks;

to me Zopim is expensive as paid per agent. as you are using WHMCS then i would chose their Live Chat addon $6.95 a month for unlimited agents, we have been using this for over 12 months now and had no issues

to me Zopim is expensive as paid per agent. as you are using WHMCS then i would chose their Live Chat addon $6.95 a month for unlimited agents, we have been using this for over 12 months now and had no issues

I'm honestly not much of a fan of the official offering from WHMCS, as the interface (at least to me) appears rather bland, if not outdated and possibly troublesome.

Still, if no other viable alternatives exist within a similar price range, I may just go ahead and order the plugin from WHMCS.

I'm honestly not much of a fan of the official offering from WHMCS, as the interface (at least to me) appears rather bland, if not outdated and possibly troublesome.

Still, if no other viable alternatives exist within a similar price range, I may just go ahead and order the plugin from WHMCS.

Its improved a lot over the last 6 months to what it used to be. check the features etc from http://livehelp.stardevelop.com/

You could have a look at some other live chat software such as PureChat or LiveZilla. I just recently started using PureChat and it seems to be really good. I have never had any problems with it and nothing bad to mention about it. Also, it's free and you can host it directly on your website.

So again, I would suggest you to check out more products and compare them rather than buying the first one you find.

Is this solution SaaS model or self-hosted? I'd assume at that price self-hosted?

Zopim is a great product & very feature rich, if you have the resources available to spare for a self-hosted product then yeah check that one out. If you can afford Zopim and rather you not host the live chat application yourself (great way to save a lot of potential resources on the server) then Zopim is a great company to go for.

+1 to the new Zopim control panel, really impressive :).

Is this solution SaaS model or self-hosted? I'd assume at that price self-hosted?

Zopim is a great product & very feature rich, if you have the resources available to spare for a self-hosted product then yeah check that one out. If you can afford Zopim and rather you not host the live chat application yourself (great way to save a lot of potential resources on the server) then Zopim is a great company to go for.

+1 to the new Zopim control panel, really impressive :).

WHMCS live chat from WHMCS is self host, but you can get Saas from startdevelop if thats what you want.

but as the server that hold my WHMCS live chat only has my main site and WHMCS on it and has plenty of resources.

Zopim is an affordable Live chat solution which does the job for most people. The only reason I haven't chosen to use it in my establishments is merely due to me disliking the user interface. As far as it being a good support tool, it works very well with an good in-detail Admin panel (I've had several free accounts).

Personally, I think it's good for a provider who is sticking to a strict budget. I believe once an establishment has grown enough, they should invest into a more in-dept Live chat software to better serve their clients. Not too mention the bigger programs offer great customization and more tools to monitor user activity. ;)

Last edited:
I've used it a bit but I don't really know how much it helps overall I like ticket systems so much better since they aren't so crazy. The price for it is pretty high too in my opinion especially for the lower end =/

I checked the Zopim Live Chat. They look great with more functions. I think it will be worth premium if it's really needed.

Never used Zopim but seems quite expensive. We use providesupport and and have had no issues with it. I have also heard good things about the WHMCS live chat addon.

Last edited:
Personally I don't like it, but maybe it is worth the upgrade. Checkout PHP Live, it's much cheaper and imo better than zopim

Only you know whether or not it's worth the upgrade. IMO, the only reason it would be worth the upgrade is if you found yourself frequently in the situation that you needed more than one concurrent chat. Thats the biggest difference between the free & paid versions, & number of agents.

So log into the dashboard for a week... pay attention to how many double chats occur at once. Even if on the free version it will tell you if someone is waiting to chat. If you find that happening then upgrade!

We use PHPLiveSupport and love it! We have used Zopim and it was good to but just didn't give us exactly what we needed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Airnode