What payment options do you offer?

One can sign up for Google Wallet instead here: http://www.google.com/wallet/. Pick "Internet, Network" as Primary Item if you sell web hosting.

Don't forget to read the TOS and the list of excluded categories.

You should really suspend pushing this recommendation until it becomes crystal clear, most likely by the end of this year, what is allowed and not allowed by Google Wallet. So far the information has been quite conflicting, so you wouldn't want to advise someone something that might make them responsible for later on. Google is a company so large they can't change and streamline all operations in a matter of days.

Thank you.

You should really suspend pushing this recommendation until it becomes crystal clear, most likely by the end of this year, what is allowed and not allowed by Google Wallet.

I've always maintained that I go by what is on the Google web site, tos, what other hosts are using, etc. There is no conflicting info there. My information is solid, boots-on-the-ground real information. Telling web hosts that they cannot use wallet is the information that should be suspect.

The ambiguity and conflict is created by the other recent posters referring to notices about current Google Checkout customers being automatically transitioned to a version of a Wallet API that may not allow web hosting. There is no ambiguity for the person that missed those posts (which is 99% of web hosts) and wants to sign up for Wallet but not Google Checkout.

No one has to take my recommendation. But it would be admirable if people actually went through the process I have described before drawing conclusions about it.

Last edited:
Flash: 5th host I found using google wallet: Dreamhost

Yep. The google site, google tos and now 5 large web hosts are all wrong. When are they going to learn? You just can't use Google Wallet for Web Hosting.

Flash: 5th host I found using google wallet: Dreamhost

Yep. The google site, google tos and now 5 large web hosts are all wrong. When are they going to learn? You just can't use Google Wallet for Web Hosting.

It may be possible they are using Google Wallet now but later on when Google Checkout closes they may suspend Wallet users for web hosting when their new terms come into effect (assuming it hasn't done so already and won't be until November).

Also Google Wallet for Instant Buy IS NOT a payment processor, rather you integrate it with your credit card payment processor, hence why they don't have any charges. Email from Google rep Instant Buy rep:

Hello Alex,

My name is Jason, Jenny forwarded your question about Google Wallet Instant Buy to the Instant Buy support team.

You are correct, Google Wallet Instant Buy is not a payment processor. It is helpful to think of Instant Buy as a payment facilitator as it is designed for merchants who already have a payment processor/acquirer.

This is a quick overview of how accepting payments from Google users would work with Instant Buy:

Buyer selects "Buy with Google Wallet" on your website.
Your website would forward the purchase to Google.
Google would then charge the users account and place the charge amount onto a one time virtual credit card and send this credit card to you.
Then you would forward this virtual credit card onto your payment processor, such as Stripe, and the process would continue as if you had received a normal credit card.
More information about Google Wallet Instant Buy can be found here. I have also found this FAQ to be very helpful.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions about Google Wallet Instant Buy.

Best,

Jason

It may be possible they are using Google Wallet now but later on when Google Checkout closes they may suspend Wallet users for web hosting when their new terms come into effect (assuming it hasn't done so already and won't be until November).

There is no indication that Wallet users will be affected by the retirement of Checkout. All published notices apply only to Checkout users. This is what I have been saying all along and so far nothing has popped up to change this.

Also Google Wallet for Instant Buy IS NOT a payment processor, rather you integrate it with your credit card payment processor, hence why they don't have any charges. Email from Google rep Instant Buy rep:

This may be true (I didn't sign up for Insta Buy) but that does not alter the answer to the question: is there any way a web host can use Google Wallet. It would make it interesting that you need be PCI compliant to proceed with sign-up

Since I signed up for Google Wallet, I haven't received any special communications from Google (as I am sure Checkout users do). Still no word on my sign-up method in any of the communications posted here.

Conclusion: Wallet is a go for those that want it, payment processor or not.

Last edited:
I offer Paypal, Payza , moneybookers and bank tranfer ( for indian customers)...

because many of visitors online don't use paypal, so payza and moneybookers are best for them...

We offer PayPal and Credit Card payments. When we offered others, we had less than 2-3 people TOTAL between Google Checkout, 2Checkout, and AlertPay

PayPal and Credit Cards for our hosting side of the business works quite nicely. On the Design side of things, we accept those along with Bank Transfers

We accept the top payment gateway - Paypal ( which accepts both credit card/debit cards), 2Checkout for CreditCard payments, Payza and Moneybooker..

Also Bitcoin is a emerging payment way.. we need to have a better providers for that..

Last edited:
I assume to check various options with Payza, WePay, it is good.

Cheques are redundant, surely there are fancy credit cards now in show.

We recently had some issues with 2CO and decided to stop its usage. So we are looking for other Credit/Debit card processors now.

Apart from that, Paypal, Payza, Moneybookers, PerfectMoney and Bank transfer are good options for us considering most of our customers come from Asia and Europe.

But I have to say that having a Credit/Debit card processor increases sales by at least 20%!

Nowadays we are also getting some requests for Bitcoins. Not sure whether to accept that or not at the moment. :/

Currently only paypal, but we are going to be expanding and looking into other processors.

For those of you using multiple payment processors, did you find sales increased when adding more options?