Payment options for customers

You should have a SSL certificate on your website / client area regardless of google's requirements.

Oh of course! Anyone without one isn't really serious about their business.

Just checked my account and the option to disable it is possible & from their support area:

Google will reject unsigned carts by default unless you edit your account security settings.

Really wish Google Checkout supported multiple currencies though I'm glad WHMCS has implemented a work around for this.

Oh of course! Anyone without one isn't really serious about their business.

thats true, but i see it all the time in forums 'cant really afford one' but i dont think its the cost of the SSL, i have seen some hosts charging £5+ a month for a dedicated IP.

I recently say 1 host charging £8 a mth for ded IP and £25 for an Alpha SSL. yes this host was using a singlehop server, where they provide ded IP at $0.50 and unlimited free Alpha SSL certs

thats true, but i see it all the time in forums 'cant really afford one' but i dont think its the cost of the SSL, i have seen some hosts charging £5+ a month for a dedicated IP.

I recently say 1 host charging £8 a mth for ded IP and £25 for an Alpha SSL. yes this host was using a singlehop server, where they provide ded IP at $0.50 and unlimited free Alpha SSL certs

This must have been a while ago I guess? $0.50 for a dedicated ipv4 sounds to good to be true these days :).

But that is a little selfish / silly I think, especially as your essentially getting it free!

This must have been a while ago I guess? $0.50 for a dedicated ipv4 sounds to good to be true these days :).

But that is a little selfish / silly I think, especially as your essentially getting it free!

it was only last month when i enquired with singlehop about whitelabel reselling their services ( dont forget these are wholesale prices), as normally a host would sell a ded IP for anything upto $5.

If it was me getting them prices i would just create a plan and offer a ded IP and ssl with the plan

not for the fist time I agree with expertali, 2checkout is very easy to setup, accepts all major credit/debit cards and PayPal. It's also very easy for the customer to accomplish a transaction.
Currently 2checkout charging merchants for $10.99 signup fee and 5.5% +0.45c per transaction, while providing industry leading fraud prevention services.

<<Mod note: Promo bit is removed>>

not for the fist time I agree with expertali, 2checkout is very easy to setup, accepts all major credit/debit cards and PayPal. It's also very easy for the customer to accomplish a transaction.
Currently 2checkout charging merchants for $10.99 signup fee and 5.5% +0.45c per transaction, while providing industry leading fraud prevention services.

<<Mod note: Promo bit is removed>>

Their fraud detection service is nuts! In a previous non-hosting related website I had someone pay for a domain using gibberish as their address, fake numbers among other things.

2CheckOut fraud detection approved it. Would recommend using an alternative along side such as MaxMind / others.

I love paypal, but am actually looking into Bitcoin (just wrote a blog post about it). Just trying to keep overhead low as possible since I am real small business.

Try to accept all kinds of payments, use 2checkout if you want or anything, probably paypal is best bet or you can get payments pro from paypal and have clients use cc right on website without leaving if you have the proper api and template.

I think you should accept more than one payment options like visa, alertpay, payza, google checkout etc. Its because there are users who cant use paypal or whatever. This is really important in order for the customer cant feel any hassle.

Paypal and credit card are recommended. You should signup with a credit card merchant/provider, as not everyone will use paypal.

At the moment we're currently accepting paypal only. We were using stripe to process credit cards but after a few charge backs they closed my account.

We're currently in the process of getting approved for 2checkout and will be offering payza pretty soon as well.

Chad

At the moment we're currently accepting paypal only. We were using stripe to process credit cards but after a few charge backs they closed my account.

We're currently in the process of getting approved for 2checkout and will be offering payza pretty soon as well.

Chad

Sorry to hear about your Stripe situation. What was your ratio for chargebacks? Be careful with who you attract as if you get more chargebacks at your other gateways such as PayPal / 2CheckOut then you will soon find them closing your accounts also!

Absolutely, Main payment will be paypal, if you target global customer, In local basis you may have some alternatives.

Just got accepted into the Stripe UK beta and am loving it so far!

Really do recommend Stripe to those loosing out to Google once they are out of beta!

You can choose multiple payment with Skrill, PerfectMoney, Paypal, Payza, have them integrate with WHMCS, the best billing software.

You should sure, have setup the webhosting business.