Payment options for customers

PayPal can be troublesome really..
GoogleCheckout plays with Currencies
LibertyReserve withdrawal is a mystery

2Checkout does the job

We offer Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Amex and PayPal. I have been considering dropping PayPal due to some bad things I hear about freezing accounts, but so many people want to use PayPal that I worry about loss of business.

We offer Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Amex and PayPal. I have been considering dropping PayPal due to some bad things I hear about freezing accounts, but so many people want to use PayPal that I worry about loss of business.

If you are conducting business in a legal manner, you should have no reason to worry about your account being frozen.

If you are conducting business in a legal manner, you should have no reason to worry about your account being frozen.

In Paypal eyes even if you run a legit business, if they think you broke their rules then they will freeze your account as in Paypals eyes the laws dont apply to them as they have written terms that you agreed too.

I have been considering dropping PayPal due to some bad things I hear about freezing accounts, but so many people want to use PayPal that I worry about loss of business.

you can drop paypal directly and use 2checkout where your customers can pay through 2co using their paypal accounts, but the only drawback is 2co have higher fees than PP

In Paypal eyes even if you run a legit business, if they think you broke their rules then they will freeze your account as in Paypals eyes the laws dont apply to them as they have written terms that you agreed too.

If you don't plan on following a company's policies, then why would you use them to begin with? :uhh:

We've been using PayPal for years and never had any issues. :smash:

If you don't plan on following a company's policies, then why would you use them to begin with? :uhh:

We've been using PayPal for years and never had any issues. :smash:

Paypal used to be governed in the UK by the FSA, but several years ago the FSA refused to renew their membership because some of Paypals polices failed to comply fairly for consumers. Paypal dont understand that any company can write policies that its users need to follow, but if the law states 1 thing and your policy states another then the law over rides your policy.

Paypal used to be governed in the UK by the FSA, but several years ago the FSA refused to renew their membership because some of Paypals polices failed to comply fairly for consumers. Paypal dont understand that any company can write policies that its users need to follow, but if the law states 1 thing and your policy states another then the law over rides your policy.

PayPal works for us here in the US, but we can't comment on how it works for those in the UK. However, your issue with PayPal was generalized and not specific to PayPal UK.

Either way, what works for one company may not work for another as every company has different needs and/or expectations.

PayPal works for us here in the US, but we can't comment on how it works for those in the UK. However, your issue with PayPal was generalized and not specific to PayPal UK.

Either way, what works for one company may not work for another as every company has different needs and/or expectations.

we have had several failed issues overturned by Paypal when we have informed them that we were correct in actions we took under UK law which over rode their policy.

we still use paypal as most of our clients use this and our suppliers prefer PP payments, but we also use 2co and hope in the future we will move all to 2co

we have had several failed issues overturned by Paypal when we have informed them that we were correct in actions we took under UK law which over rode their policy.

we still use paypal as most of our clients use this and our suppliers prefer PP payments, but we also use 2co and hope in the future we will move all to 2co

We offer 2co as a payment method as well, but since 95%+ of our clients use PayPal, not offering PayPal wouldn't even be an option. :disagree:

But as I mentioned previously, what works for one business may not work for another.

We offer 2co as a payment method as well, but since 95%+ of our clients use PayPal, not offering PayPal wouldn't even be an option. :disagree:

But as I mentioned previously, what works for one business may not work for another.

2co allows clients to pay through their Paypal accounts. the difference for you is that you dont deal with PP direct.

2co allows clients to pay through their Paypal accounts. the difference for you is that you dont deal with PP direct.

We realize that, however, clients understanding that is a different story. The average client has never heard of 2co, so most wouldn't bother.

We realize that, however, clients understanding that is a different story. The average client has never heard of 2co, so most wouldn't bother.

that is the problem, we are slowly educating our clients and have had some clients starting to use 2co as they have had issues with PP

2Co with its PP account is a good option for the customer, but although it's a great tool for the seller, it could be considered a bit expensive with its fee structure, so maybe it's a good idea to implement 2co and PayPal separately...

I believe what everyone is saying in relation to Pay pal. When started up Solaris Hosting, I started of using Pay Pal with a couple of other payment methods for the customer like 2co and skrilled.

Now that I have a solid base underneath me, I am in communication with my bank to get a payment solution from them. I see having a banks payment system looks more perfessional for my business. But I will still use paypal as an alternate option.