Payment options for customers

Paypal is great, but you have to think about customers all around the world. Many cannot use paypal, so you have to accept 2CO, alertpay, etc.

- Daniel :)

PayPal can be the primary choice for your newly set up business and it will help shoppers who are just using their credit and debit cards to finalize the payments but it can be a great idea to use some conventional methods for yearly packages as well. For example, some firms are still using Western Union and Money Gram when some of their customers prefer to use such systems.

Even bank transfers can be one option for higher amounts, like when your customers are going to purchase a dedicated account package and are ready to pay for one full year.

We started off with just paypal then moved into direct credit cards. It has worked very nicely for us. A major plus for direct credit card payments is that you can charge the customer monthly by saving the card. Helps retain clients.

Its depend in your market...If you market in your local then used local payment option like Bank Transfer, Mobile Payment etc...but with this type of option need self verification and automation not work.
So best option is paypal for the credit/debit card. Its price are quite below then the other merchants account. But some where countries where is not work then I will use the 2checkout...
So as currently I'm using the paypal and 2checkout

Paypal is the most preferred way to pay or to get paid in today's world.Other options can be by credit/debit card,moneybookers,payoneer.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fast, Reliable & Data Security - Email Marketing-SARVMAIL

Paypal and direct credit cards though a merchant provider. The credit cards work really great for recurring payments.

Paypal is best choice but paypal sucks because his TOS
checkout is best alternative but be carfuly because 2co is not cheap when you get money on payoner credit card
I like Skrill (moneybookers),with merchant account buyers no need to have mb account he caqn to pay direct with credit card but Skrill do not cober that number of costumers like paypal so paypal i very important.

Ok.. here's my take and I have been in the business for over 15 years:

1. PayPal (is a MUST) - FREE - Everyone enjoys using PayPal and their rates are very competitive now with other credit card processors.

2. PayPal Here - FREE - Allows you to process credit cards on your mobile device (Android or iOS). Rates are very competitive with most credit card processors.

3. Square - FREE - Allows you to process credit cards on your mobile device (Android or iOS). Rates are very competitive with most credit card processors.

4. Intuit IPN - FREE - Allows you to accept check and credit card payments online. Cheaper than most and they only charge you $.50 / MAX per check payment. They are the cheapest and most affordable solution anywhere!

5. Intuit GoPayment - FREE - Allows you to accept credit cards online or on your mobile device. The rates are just slightly higher than that of PayPal, PayPal Here or Square, but this company allows you to do 'Authorization Holds' on credit cards, whereas the other's do not.

These are the top 5 payment processors! I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND STAYING AWAY FROM 2CHECKOUT!

Also, don't do LibertyReserve either, there is no way to get 'Real Money' and it's just a virtual currency.

Good luck with your business and I hope these suggestions help you all!

As a novice businessman you can add paypal & 2checkout. Payment gateways are much complicated. if you don't have PCI Complaining you can not use a payment Gateway .

We offer PayPAl, Visa, MC, AMEX, Discover, and also money wire. The more options you ahve avaialble the easier for your cleitns to pay you :)

The more options you ahve avaialble the easier for your cleitns to pay you :)
Not always true, you could have too many payment options that will turn prospective clients away.

best options is

1) Paypal ( as majority of people use this)
2) 2checkout or similar ( so users can pay using a credit or debit card.
3) offline option (bank transfer etc.)

this keeps it simple and manageable for you and does not confuse the client trying to pay.

I recently was looking for an extra VPS and found one, but when i went to pay they offered 26 payment options and paypal was not listed at the top, so rather than look through their long list i decided not to bother and went looking elsewhere.

Last edited:
Paypal is a must yes but it's always good to have 2 or 3 different gateways available such as payza,, 2 checkout etc not everyone can use paypal.

I definitely recommend to use 2Checkout, as they've dropped transaction fees and also included PayPal, so customers can pay with both international credit card and PayPal account.