Payment options for customers

Stay away from hosts that charge "processing fees." They are usually in violation of their bank's/processor's TOS. Who knows what else they are violating!

Stay away from hosts that charge "processing fees." They are usually in violation of their bank's/processor's TOS. Who knows what else they are violating!

I suggest you get upto speed and call Paypal/Visa/Mastercard and you will find that since 2011 you have been able to pass on your charges direct to customers as long as they are proportionate to what are being charged.

so charging a processing fee is not in violation to any bank's/processor's TOS anymore.

I suggest you get upto speed.... charging a processing fee is not in violation to any bank's/processor's TOS anymore.

According to paypal user agreement: "You agree that you will not impose a surcharge or any other fee for accepting PayPal as a payment method." Maybe its ok if collecting in GB, but since this is a primarily an American board you should specify instead of making broad statement

Last edited:
According to paypal user agreement: "You agree that you will not impose a surcharge or any other fee for accepting PayPal as a payment method." Maybe its ok if collecting in GB, but since this is a primarily an American board you should specify instead of making broad statement

I used a thing called a telephone and called Paypal as i was charged a processing fee from a supplier and was told that yes you can pass any processing fees onto a customer as long as its proportionate to the charges you have incurred and has been allowed since 2011.

I even called Visa and Mastercard and got the same reply. the only issue is in working out what you charge if you use several processors as they all charge different rates.

This is a hosting board and not just an American board and what i state is relevant to the thread, so once again STOP trying to cause and argument.

I'll go by their User Agreement (https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full) rather than your post and pretend phone calls, thank you very much. It clearly states what, and what you cannot charge, aside from product (e.g., its ok to charge a handling fee, its not ok to charge a processing fee).

Warning: Following easyhostmedia's above advice (charging processing fee for paypal transactions) may cause your funds to be frozen and even confiscated.

Last edited:
it seems Collabora has no idea how to use a phone and if anyone does not agree with him he abuses and insults them.
they calls were not pretend. i called Paypal, Visa and mastercard about this, which for some reason certain members think is false rather than call them himself, so he just abuses me once AGAIN on another thread.
this was once a good forum, but i will not stand for constant abuse and insults

Is there a php script available for payment processing ?
What are the requirements to setup payment processing through credit /debit cards ?

I think that paypal is the best. I recommend a card processor other than a third party gateway if you want a different payment method other than paypal as an option.

I have tried various things. PayPal still wins hands down. And now that they have PayPal Here it is even better.

I have been doing consulting work as well some teaching so it really comes in handy having the PayPal Here reader.

First, that was a yes or no question. But of course you used it as an opportunity for another argument and derailment.

Second, per those numerous posts you mention, the written contract allows it. They have no problem with my account. A written contract cannot be amended orally. That includes phone calls.

It has already been established here and elsewhere that your unverified phone calls to some call center god knows where is not trustworthy on the grounds that they are hearsay.

You are not the Google gatekeeper. You need to stop your habit of telling hosts what they can or cannot do.

Last edited:
First, that was a yes or no question. But of course you used it as an opportunity for another argument and derailment.

Second, per those numerous posts you mention, the written contract allows it. They have no problem with my account. A written contract cannot be amended orally. That includes phone calls.

It has already been established here and elsewhere that your unverified phone calls to some call center god knows where is not trustworthy on the grounds that they are hearsay.

You are not the Google gatekeeper. You need to stop your habit of telling hosts what they can or cannot do.

this just shows you never read the other posts just spouted your drivel. as the other post showed EMAILS from Google to various other members stating Google Wallet for Digital Goods was not available for web hosts.

this just shows you never read the other posts just spouted your drivel. as the other post showed EMAILS from Google to various other members stating Google Wallet for Digital Goods was not available for web hosts.

Emails from cs reps, if they do exist, do not amend written contracts.

Perhaps for the readers sake you can produce these mysterious posts with the more mysterious emails that you have so carefully read, and would be wrong anyway. The written contract is easy to produce, just follow my link to user agreements right there on the Google site.

Last edited:
Emails from cs reps, if they do exist, do not amend written contracts.

Perhaps for the readers sake you can produce these mysterious emails that you have so carefully read, and would be wrong anyway. The written contract is easy to produce, just follow my link to user agreements right there on the Google site.

Learn to read what you write. you last comment stated the posts were from unverified phone call and when i pointed out that several HD users have emails from google you say they are wrong.

i suggest you either contact google and place their response here, but i dare say like on the other threads you would not do as you know that emails from google stand.
now stop trying to cause yet another argument.

Learn to read what you write. you last comment stated the posts were from unverified phone call ....

There is nothing in my last comment about any phone call. You even quoted it as some sort of proof that I need to learn to read. Yet you apparently read it wrong.... twice!

Readers can see your lunacy for themselves! http://www.hostingdiscussion.com/we...-payment-options-customers-12.html#post176653

Strike One

After demonstrating your lack of reading comprehension skills, you are asking hosts to rest their business plan on some emails that you read in a forum somewhere that you cannot reproduce here, contrary to an official user agreement that I linked to

Strike Two

now stop trying to cause yet another argument.

I asked a simple yes or no question. Its right here: http://www.hostingdiscussion.com/we...-payment-options-customers-12.html#post176608. What follows is an argument you started

Strike Three, you're out!

This whole thing is reminiscent to your putting other hosts' funds at risk by claiming that any merchant can collect a processing fee to offset paypal transaction fees, contrary to user agreements. See http://www.hostingdiscussion.com/we...-payment-options-customers-12.html#post176417

Its one thing to be wrong, but your advice is getting dangerous.

Last edited:
There is nothing in my last comment about any phone call. You even quoted it as some sort of proof that I need to learn to read. Yet you apparently read it wrong.... twice!

Strike One

After demonstrating your lack of reading comprehension skills, you are asking hosts to rest their business plan on some emails that you read in a forum somewhere that you cannot reproduce here, contrary to an official user agreement that I linked to

Strike Two

I asked a simple yes or no question. Its right here: http://www.hostingdiscussion.com/we...-payment-options-customers-12.html#post176608. What follows is an argument you started

Strike Three, your out!

This whole thing is reminiscent to your putting other hosts' funds at risk by claiming that any merchant can collect a processing fee to offset paypal transaction fees, contrary to user agreements. See http://www.hostingdiscussion.com/we...-payment-options-customers-12.html#post176417

Its one thing to be wrong, but your advice is getting dangerous.

read again

Originally Posted by Collabora View Post

it has bee shown on other thred that from several members emails from Google on this subject that you are too scared to contact google yourself. END OF

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hostys