Linux or windows?

Linux-the system is free,which makes the web hosting packets cheaper and users like that more.It is open source and you have more freedom.
Windows-you have to buy the plan and the plan itself is more expensive,but optimizations compared to APS.NET are better and is the same quality as linux.

For some clients is better, but for the mass user in my opinion Linux is better

Like most here, I think Linux is better, though more for stability than any other reason. Offering both is good for business because customers like choice.

Linux. More Resources support Linux than does window. It's like Mac or Window question. Windows have more resources and softwares.

Linux is usually more preferred, due to better usability. However, windows is not bad and can be used sometimes for special technologies.

I would prefer linux because it is much cheaper than windows, faster, has high security options and supports many softwares

Linux. it is not worth the investment in Windows products to satisfy a market that has always been pretty small for us.

And the control panels are not in the same league as CPanel...

Although Linux has some huge advantages but a big one Windows has is that it can offer .Net, PHP, MySQL and MS SQL all on same server. So, it can saves your resources as you can offer all of them on same machine.

When it comes to features and performance, then one thing need to be said that there is no difference between these two platform. As per my point of, the only difference is cost, because Windows products require Microsoft's genuine license. However, the fact is; you can run several Linux applications in Windows environment as well (PHP, MySQL), but you cannot run Microsoft's products on Linux platform (ASP.Net, MS SQL)........

IMHO. it depends largely on what consumers demand more, if it would have been the situation where consumers would have asked for Windows, one would have sold a larger number of Windows packages that Linux. So its not just the cost nor is it just the technical skills that decide the preferences, but its the Customer God who takes the toll.

I hope all the hosting providers here on this forum would agree to this :agree:

I think a lot more people prefer linux than windows we offer Linux only but do wish to offer Windows in the future.