Linux or windows?

Linux hosting is recommended if your website is made in HTML however if your website require asp.net or MSSQL as backend then Windows hosting is required.

I personaly prefer linux but will be looking into windows in the future but i agree with the posts above in reguards to offering both .

For some things windows is required unfortunately. I personally never use windows on a production server though.

If you are going to use ASP and Mssql databases, you should buy windows plan.That is for sure.

But in all the other cases, Linux will be more stable.

We sell both, windows and linux, although more people tend to buy linux than windows due to cost & popularity (in terms of hosting websites using cPanel).

For hosting, we prefer both. This two has their expertise why our system admins target to have wide array of functionality.

Windows and Linux...both OS have the own ability to serve. As today, all of body want the hosting in cheap prices. But with windows its unable to give. As apart from windows, Linux is open source and available freely like as centos and Ubuntu etc.. So these also effect the market.
As today starter user see the low price value option and then go for the Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP (LAMP). All of these like PHP, apache, MySQL is free so its price is down.
But if we tell about windows.. then high end user demand it. to use with ASP .NET, MS-SQL etc...So windows required high - performance servers. So its cost is high...
and may be this reason people like Linux..

We resell both, Linux and Windows, however MOST customer's choose Linux, because it's easier, more features and it's more well known platform for hosting. Linux is a must, however we don't get ANY requests for Windows, so it's almost pointless, but perhaps that is just not what our customer's seem to be interested in.

Thanks!

offered Windows a couple years ago, but as their was no orders for windows and many for linux we decided to ditch offering windows.

Today Linux (especially CentOS) is very popular and most providers are happily offering as a stable, reliable and powerful tool for web hosting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ansrtch