How About livezilla ?

Great soft just there is no any Mac Client !

Anyone accessing your site can use the Live zilla Chat Mac os or Windows. Any operating system with any browser. If you are the owner of the website, You cannot download livezillas, Programs on a mac operating system.

Hope that clears it up a little better :p

well .. some times livezilla creates server issues like high resources usages since it runs on php , but again its a better software to provide customer support live

We have been using CraftySyntax for quite a while now.
It's ok, but somewhat slow at responding to a visitor.

Thanks for the tip on LiveZilla.

After reading this post and the good reviews, I will test Livezilla to see if it is worth switching from CraftySyntax

Regards,

Livezilla was actually quite good, I cannot speak to present but I will admit it was good when we used them, once we reverted into Kayako Desktop I must admit it was a blessing.

As a form of FREEWARE, you cannot go wrong :)

so far livezilla is the best i have used. such a great thing thats its free as well! Its better then most paid ones we have used. but you guys are right it does sometimes cause higher server loads. Ive seen it cause almost a 1% server load on my duel core. Maybe they should look into that, but as of right now i have had no problems with it. I would recommend it to anyone.

Livezilla is a great freeware application, I've used it dozens of times in the past and I loved it. However, Kayako really does shine past it in terms of options and such. We started using it recently and it is really an amazing software. But that is what you get when you pay as much as you do for it...

I have found Livezilla to be simple and reliable, but since I switched to linux on my PC, I cannot use it any more :(

Im too skeptical about livezilla not introducing a version for Linux OS's, some say their server software is a type of malware and due to some reason it cannot be designed for linux in the same way as it works for windows they are not releasing a version for linux.
livezilla through wine is also not a solution.

I dont run on ASP, it is a PHP side script that make it possible to talk to the client on your pc

But of course a own platform build is always better!

The client caused some memory and cpu issues with some of our operators.

We cannot blame a piece of software from running out of resources, give it more pep ... if you have several operators.

A VPS or Dedicated server could be in order instead of a shared hosting account if you have lots of traffic on the system.

:twocents:

Regards,