Whmcs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Each have their own followers boxbilling is something else and its free, look at everything and you choose depends on suitability.

WHMCS is the most popular and seems to be the one mostly recommended. I do hope that CE, Blesta, the new WHSuite and possibly others become serious competitors to WHMCS, and the sooner the better.

Agree that each one has it's own followers. But I dont think that clientexec Version 5 will change things. Marketing strategies that's what can change things

I wouldn't really say that WHMCS is the leader in hosting automation, it really doesn't provide any automation standard outside of the typical shared hosting & VPS standard products.

There's still a lot of 3rd party module development required to fully automate most hosting deployments.

I would call it more a leader in web hosting billing automation. It does that very well, and in comparison to a lot of other products out there that we've tried (host bill etc...) they aren't as refined as WHMCS in terms of configurability & reporting out of the box just yet.

I find a lot of other control panels (host bill in particular) try to sell the "we do everything" package (like colo modules etc...) but when you still see spelling mistakes and lacking features in core things such as billing flexibility, quickly makes you realise why WHMCS is still number 1.

I'd like to see this challenged personally.

boxbilling is something else and its free,

Their free version is useless

http://www.boxbilling.com/order

Lifetime updates
All Payment gateways
All Domain registrars
All Server manager
All product types
2 currencies
2 staff groups
1 staff member

3 forums
3 promo codes
5 products
2 products categories

Unlimited clients
Unlimited orders
Unlimited support helpdesks
Unlimited client area languages
Unlimited client area themes
Unlimited event hooks
BoxBilling API
Community support
-
BoxBilling branding

better off Paying their $5.95 for the Pro Licence

Lifetime updates
All Payment gateways
All Domain registrars
All Server manager
All product types
Unlimited currencies
Unlimited staff groups
Unlimited staff members
Unlimited forums and topics
Unlimited promo codes
Unlimited products
Unlimited products categories
Unlimited clients
Unlimited orders
Unlimited support helpdesks
Unlimited client area languages
Unlimited client area themes
Unlimited event hooks
BoxBilling API
Staff support
Create orders from admin area
No BoxBiling branding

WHMCS is like the old lion with its rivals being the young cubs. The mature male knows that no one is close enough to challenge him so doesn't bother working out or preparing to defend its territory and the young cubs just don't have the strength and resource to challenge them currently.

I would be very interested if an alternative in the same price range is introduced, as WHMCS does lack in terms of security and can improve in certain areas of functionality, but because of this lack of an adequate competition it just doesn't seem to come around fixing those issues :rolleyes2

Whmcs is the undisputed leader in hosting automation. But will the new clientexec Version 5 change that?

I agree they are the most popular but I see Blesta is growing. Would love to play with CE version 5 also, and I'm monitoring WHSuite.

Well Mate I do not think so that clientexex version 5 will change it.

Agree that each one has it's own followers. But I dont think that clientexec Version 5 will change things. Marketing strategies that's what can change things

Why not? Something you dislike about version 5? The changes to version 5 are actually quite amazing from what I have seen. Then again, may be it is just amazing because of the improvement since v4. Other than the live chat, WHMCS has all of the features they are showing off in v5.

WHMCS is like the old lion with its rivals being the young cubs. The mature male knows that no one is close enough to challenge him so doesn't bother working out or preparing to defend its territory and the young cubs just don't have the strength and resource to challenge them currently.

I would be very interested if an alternative in the same price range is introduced, as WHMCS does lack in terms of security and can improve in certain areas of functionality, but because of this lack of an adequate competition it just doesn't seem to come around fixing those issues :rolleyes2

I disagree ;). I am sure they are aware of their challenges with the increase in popularity in Blesta and at the beginning phase of HostBill. And with the investment from cPanel, I doubt they will just sit and let their product die without a fight.

WHMCS is pulling as many stops as they can to get themselves back on track, rewarding up to $5000 per security issue, code audit etc In terms of features and improving the actual software, this seems to start with version 5.3 which is currently in private beta. Primarily a bug fix release to fix everything they can and then hopefully the features will start to roll in once everything has been fixed.

Last edited:
WHMCS vs Boxbilling

Each have their own followers boxbilling is something else and its free, look at everything and you choose depends on suitability.

Boxbilling would have been the deal but once they imposed the limits on how many categories of products you can sale with the free version then they lost it for me. For many years to come WHMCS will lead the way for professional resellers.

you dont say on your site you are a registered WHMCS reseller. to give free WHMCS licences you must be a licenced WHMCS reseller

You are very right there are things we have not stated on the site but that doesnt mean they dont exist.

For any site that uses WHMCS the best way to start is to check and see if they are Using a legitmate License then you hang have heard if they have the ability to give you a legitimate License.

http://www.whmcs.com/members/verifydomain.php Is the tool to use.

You are very right there are things we have not stated on the site but that doesnt mean they dont exist.

For any site that uses WHMCS the best way to start is to check and see if they are Using a legitmate License then you hang have heard if they have the ability to give you a legitimate License.

http://www.whmcs.com/members/verifydomain.php Is the tool to use.

That link only verifies that your own site is using a legitimate WHMCS licence, because you are using a WHMCS licence this does not allow you to resell or give WHMCS licences free with your hosting

That link only verifies that your own site is using a legitimate WHMCS licence, because you are using a WHMCS licence this does not allow you to resell or give WHMCS licences free with your hosting

Like I said before There is a little that hasn't been stated on the website yet however even without that, If for example the company I work for (Techsys) decided to buy a free WHMCS License for all its clients (that need) it they would not need any permission from anyone. The real question would be if they are offering a legitimate License. I can tell you that we will give you a hosting License for as long as you are hosting on our servers and you qualify for it for free. If you would like to know who qualifies then take a look at

http://techsysug.com/knowledgebase/7/Shared-and-Reseller-Web-hosting-with-free-WHMCS-License.html

Like I said before There is a little that hasn't been stated on the website yet however even without that, If for example the company I work for (Techsys) decided to buy a free WHMCS License for all its clients (that need) it they would not need any permission from anyone. The real question would be if they are offering a legitimate License. I can tell you that we will give you a hosting License for as long as you are hosting on our servers and you qualify for it for free. If you would like to know who qualifies then take a look at

http://techsysug.com/knowledgebase/7/Shared-and-Reseller-Web-hosting-with-free-WHMCS-License.html

if your company is a licenced WHMCS reseller then they must display the official WHMCS authorised reseller badge on their site.

If for example the company I work for (Techsys) decided to buy a free WHMCS License for all its clients (that need) it they would not need any permission from anyone.

Yes they do, they need permission from WHMCS and have to be an authorised WHMCS reseller.

Yes they do, they need permission from WHMCS and have to be an authorised WHMCS reseller.

First I have not said they are not BUT even then, If they had a legitimate Licence bought directly from WHMCS and they decide to bundle it with any of their hosting products as long as WHMCS is informed of that change they still would not need any other permission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
b1hosting