Whmcs

Status
Not open for further replies.
First I have not said they are not BUT even then, If they had a legitimate Licence bought directly from WHMCS and they decide to bundle it with any of their hosting products as long as WHMCS is informed of that change they still would not need any other permission.

to bundle WHMCS with any plans then you need to be a registered WHMCS reseller. you cannot just go buy a direct licence and then sell it on or give it to a client as this breaches the licence agreement.

you cannot just go buy a direct licence and then sell it on or give it to a client as this breaches the licence agreement.

License Transfer Policy

We allow owned licenses bought directly from us to be transferred providing 90 days have passed from the date of purchase. Licenses obtained through a reseller cannot be transferred. Before any sale or transfer, the existing owner should contact us to verify eligibility. Then once ready to be transferred, we will issue an invoice for the license transfer fee which is currently $20, and once paid need to be supplied with the name, email and address details of the new owner for the license to be transferred to.

Full Details are here http://www.whmcs.com/about/terms-of-service/

License Transfer Policy

We allow owned licenses bought directly from us to be transferred providing 90 days have passed from the date of purchase. Licenses obtained through a reseller cannot be transferred. Before any sale or transfer, the existing owner should contact us to verify eligibility. Then once ready to be transferred, we will issue an invoice for the license transfer fee which is currently $20, and once paid need to be supplied with the name, email and address details of the new owner for the license to be transferred to.

Full Details are here http://www.whmcs.com/about/terms-of-service/

thats a direct sale of an owned licence and not offering monthly licences. it also does not mean you purchasing blocks of owned licences to sell of pass on

thats a direct sale of an owned licence and not offering monthly licences. it also does not mean you purchasing blocks of owned licences to sell of pass on

All through the discussion I have not discussed what we offer or not so I have made no mention of License is offered BUT I have tried to discuss with you that plainly hearing License before you get details does never mean a breach of terms of use. Its important to read the terms under which they are offered before sense is made of them. Anyhow I gotta rest this thread.

If you wish to get more specific answers then may be try the link

All through the discussion I have not discussed what we offer or not so I have made no mention of License is offered BUT I have tried to discuss with you that plainly hearing License before you get details does never mean a breach of terms of use. Its important to read the terms under which they are offered before sense is made of them. Anyhow I gotta rest this thread.

If you wish to get more specific answers then may be try the link

well it looks like you are not an authorised WHMCS reseller, so are not allowed to provide WHMCS licences to anyone

Hi Terry,

They are not authorized WHMCS resellers and have been notified to have it taken down.

Thank you for your assistance in this matter

Regards,

Joseph Palau
Chief Legal Officer
WHMCS Ltd
www.whmcs.com

I wonder why so many companies think that they can just resell/offer any software they want without permission and think its OK.

well it looks like you are not an authorised WHMCS reseller, so are not allowed to provide WHMCS licences to anyone

I wonder why so many companies think that they can just resell/offer any software they want without permission and think its OK.
Man, what a turn of events. One thing I can say about you is that you're persistent in making sure everything is done right

Man, what a turn of events. One thing I can say about you is that you're persistent in making sure everything is done right

well as someone that pays for several WHMCS licences from WHMCS , why should someone get away with providing these licences to others when they dont have permission to do so.
It is clear that the OP has no idea how the WHMCS licences structure works

Last edited:
well as someone that pays for several WHMCS licences from WHMCS , when should someone get away with providing these licences to others when they dont have permission to do so.
It is clear that the OP has no idea how the WHMCS licences structure works
Completely understandable. I was just commending you on being so diligent on it.

You are using an unauthorized WHMCS license and you are offering free WHMCS? What a joke...

From WHMCS Piracy: "This domain (techsysug.com) is not authorized to be using WHMCS.
Please report the url to the installation to us here".

I am a developer too and the most thing that I hate is when somebody is using my software without my permission. Think that, some people spent days, months just to create a software.

Regards

Last edited:
You are using an unauthorized WHMCS license and you are offering free WHMCS? What a joke...

From WHMCS Piracy: "This domain (techsysug.com) is not authorized to be using WHMCS.

I am a developer too and the most thing that I hate is when somebody is using my software without my permission. Think that, some people spent days, months just to create a software.

Regards

WHMCS Legal dept. are well aware of this, wonder how he is going to get out of this.
have you noticed that since i posted the WHMCS reply i got on this thread the OP has not returned.

Regards

support your point.

Well...That escalated quickly. Bravo to EasyHost for his diligence in the matter. If the person buys so many as he said he does, he could of became an actually reseller lol It's only $68/mo to get started.

Well...That escalated quickly.

yes, within 24 hrs of submitting a ticket to their licencing dept i got the reply from their legal dept. just wish they replied that quick for normal support. I think their legal dept. is part of cpanel

Yeah, when it comes to money, the departments that handle that side usually get things done quick lol Support on the other hand people tend to take their time because they know they can.

No one can beat whmcs. Most popular and reliable billing application.

True, but when others use nulled versions all this does is make more work for the WHMCS team and then when they come on public forums advertising they are giving away free WHMCS licences when they are not even using a legal licence themselves it just annoys me an others that pay for licences and they dont even bother coming back on the forum when they are found out

Yep. Now when people research his company this forum post is gonna pop up and this will never go away. He ruined his reputation and business by doing something so stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mikstrahost