WHMCS Ticket System or Kayako?

What do you guys use, WHMCS ticket system or you integrate kayako into WHMCS. Right now i am using WHMCS ticket system, not really loving it, but it does the job.

Kayako is best helpdesk system so far i have worked with many helpdesk as per my personal experience. Apart from this if you integrate whmcs with kayako that is more better option to have integrated chat system with billing.

The Kayako Helpdesk is very helpful if you have multiple staff and a heavy ticket volume.

We've been using WHMCS for a number of years. Our daily shifts have 8-10 staff online during the day. WHMCS really hasn't had any issues with us.

While we use Kayako for our Live Chat, we are currently still using WHMCS as the ticket system. We were contemplating a swap over to the Kayako helpdesk (we had used it back in 2005 when we first purchased the software), but as of yet we haven't made the move again. The helpdesk, when we used it before, was just overkill for our needs (and we used to get about 50 tickets per day and had 5 staff online at all times).

Kayako is powerful - it's sometimes TOO powerful for a small operation. WHMCS hasn't had any issues for us.

I see that the license we purchased back in 2005 now retails for $17,899 (now called Fusion w/ Unlimited staff). I can tell you without a doubt, if I was to purchase it today, I wouldn't be spending that much money on it! That's some of the joys of getting in with companies when they're first starting up. I want to say when we purchased the license it was less than $400 back then. :)

We originally used Kayako for the live chat so moved over to their help desk.

The WHMCS Kayako module was OK but was very difficult to skin. We recently moved to a new module created by heapsoftware. Still cant skin it but it displays tickets just the same as the default WHMCS V5 template which is much better. Apparently they are releasing a new version which can be customised.

I’m still not really sure now that WHMCS provides live chat the main benefits for using kayako. We don’t really use any of the calendar features or Team Work capabilities. I still find the windows client easy to use though

Currently on V3 but upgrading to V4 soon so hopefully there will be some nice new features

I have to be honest here, I didn't think Kayako even existed anymore.
Why would someone pay the exorbitant prices for a chat system when an excellent communications system is already integrated into WHMCS?

I really don't see the logic but I'd love to hear input as to why the extra cost is warranted.

I use the WHMCS inbuild support tickets system. why pay extra with a 3rd party when this is included with WHMCS, also i have the livechat (stardevelop.com) WHMCS addon for an extra $6 which is ideal and has unlimited operators.

so why pay a min. $29 per operator per month

I have to be honest here, I didn't think Kayako even existed anymore.

Then I guess you're not very involved in the industry. They're making a lot of head way with their products and releasing some awesome features.

Why would someone pay the exorbitant prices for a chat system when an excellent communications system is already integrated into WHMCS?

I really don't see the logic but I'd love to hear input as to why the extra cost is warranted.

I use the WHMCS inbuild support tickets system. why pay extra with a 3rd party when this is included with WHMCS, also i have the livechat (stardevelop.com) WHMCS addon for an extra $6 which is ideal and has unlimited operators.

so why pay a min. $29 per operator per month

We don't pay for just the chat system, we pay for the entire support system. I have an unlimited staff license. The Kayako support system is far superior to the WHMCS ticket system which is basic and puny in comparison.

We handle thousands of tickets a month, and Kayako just provides a much better workflow to get the job done. The price they charge is spot on fair compared to the product you get.

Then I guess you're not very involved in the industry. They're making a lot of head way with their products and releasing some awesome features.

We don't pay for just the chat system, we pay for the entire support system. I have an unlimited staff license. The Kayako support system is far superior to the WHMCS ticket system which is basic and puny in comparison.

We handle thousands of tickets a month, and Kayako just provides a much better workflow to get the job done. The price they charge is spot on fair compared to the product you get.

Not many hosts can afford $19,000 on a Kayoko unlimited staff plan.

i would rather use the WHMCS support system and $6 a month for the integrated live chat and then spend extra a month on making sure my server and services are secure and provide a service our clients expect

Not many hosts can afford $19,000 on a Kayoko unlimited staff plan.

i would rather use the WHMCS support system and $6 a month for the integrated live chat and then spend extra a month on making sure my server and services are secure and provide a service our clients expect

To each their own. I'd rather spend money on ensuring our clients have access to a superior support system which will enable us to deliver support quickly, efficiently and reliably in order to provide a superior support experience.

Support is a high priority for us and we want to make sure our customers experience a high level of after sales service. :agree:

To each their own. I'd rather spend money on ensuring our clients have access to a superior support system which will enable us to deliver support quickly, efficiently and reliably in order to provide a superior support experience.

Support is a high priority for us and we want to make sure our customers experience a high level of after sales service. :agree:

you can still give superior support using the WHMCS support tickets and their Live chat addon. all without spending $19,000

you can still give superior support using the WHMCS support tickets and their Live chat addon. all without spending $19,000

Superior to what? Kayako inherently is a superior system to the inbuilt support for WHMCS.

If your needs and ticket volumes mean the WHMCS support system works for you, then great. But there is a reason why WHMCS costs a couple of hundred dollars compared to $19,000 for Kayako. You're getting $19,000 worth of system compared to a few hundred dollars worth.

Superior to what? Kayako inherently is a superior system to the inbuilt support for WHMCS.

If your needs and ticket volumes mean the WHMCS support system works for you, then great. But there is a reason why WHMCS costs a couple of hundred dollars compared to $19,000 for Kayako. You're getting $19,000 worth of system compared to a few hundred dollars worth.

How?
What makes it worth hundreds of times more money?
How is your support superior? As far as I'm concerned the level of support is staff related and has little to do with how much is spent on the ticket system.

What exactly does Kayako offer and do that cannot be accomplished through WHMCS?

Their are many posts on WHT of hosting companies that provide bad or no support and they are using Kayako.

support is not what support module a company is using it is how good the person on the support end knows their job and now support is offered by the company. I know somne companies that use free support and live chat that offer exceptional support.

As stated earlier not many hosts can afford to shell our $19,000 on a support/live chat system. also search Kayako on WHT and you will find some posts about problems with this.. i woulkd rather spend money on making sure clients are happy and servers are secure as i know that the WHMCS built in support system and their live chat addon works well

How?
What makes it worth hundreds of times more money?
How is your support superior? As far as I'm concerned the level of support is staff related and has little to do with how much is spent on the ticket system.

What exactly does Kayako offer and do that cannot be accomplished through WHMCS?

Why don't you go to their website and have a look? There are a lot of features we use day and day out with Kayako that we find invaluable. Even their reporting system is much better. It's a system that is a full support desk, it's not a billing system trying to do a bit of everything.

The workflows and intelligent routing, custom SLA's and escalations and their comprehensive REST API is just a few we use regularly and has enabled us to provide the excellent support we are known for.

Their are many posts on WHT of hosting companies that provide bad or no support and they are using Kayako.

What's your point? There are bad hosts using cPanel, that doesn't mean to say anyone using cPanel is a bad host?

support is not what support module a company is using it is how good the person on the support end knows their job and now support is offered by the company. I know somne companies that use free support and live chat that offer exceptional support.

Right, nobody is disagreeing with that.

As stated earlier not many hosts can afford to shell our $19,000 on a support/live chat system. also search Kayako on WHT and you will find some posts about problems with this.. i woulkd rather spend money on making sure clients are happy and servers are secure as i know that the WHMCS built in support system and their live chat addon works well

Alright, search WHMCS, you'll find hosts have problem with this too?

Kayako in comparison has a lot less problems. We personally have never had a problem with it and I know countless hosts that don't either. Just have a look at their company portfolio and see just who uses Kayako.

Like I said, it's your company, you spend your money how you want. If your customers are worth a $6 live chat system to you, then great!

For us, WHMCS support system and that poor live chat addon doesn't quite cut it. We'd rather spend a little bit more and ensure our customers have a decent support infrastructure to work within.

If you can't afford it and haven't had the opportunity to give it a good test, then you can't really knock it and say WHMCS is better. We tried WHMCS, it wasn't good enough, we switched to Kayako.

Why don't you go to their website and have a look?

You want me to go to a website that is trying to sell a $19 thousand dollar product to do the job of a much much cheaper product that does everything I need it to do?

I asked YOU what the benefits are. You are the one making the claims.
Compared to WHMCS, which I assume you have used extensively to justify your expenditure on Kayako, what does Kayako do that WHMCS cannot?

Specifically. And what advantage is there to the average host who already has a good support system in place to spend extra thousands of dollars?

This seems like a really absurd discussion. There are plenty of big companies out there that will tell you that their proprietary system is far far better than Kayako and it cost $50 thousand to develop.
Are they right or wrong?

This seems like a really absurd discussion. There are plenty of big companies out there that will tell you that their proprietary system is far far better than Kayako and it cost $50 thousand to develop.
Are they right or wrong?

true, but if you look at other comments in other posts by IH-Rameen, he does not want discussions he wants to preach to every host to run their businesses the same way he runs his

I found WHMCS helpdesk to be fine. There are a lot of better helpdesks out there such as kayoke but as mentioned WHMCS gets the job done.