What Forum software do you prefer?

I liked the http://flarum.org/ and seems to be promising one for future

It is indeed a promising little startup. However, I've tested the application a while ago and it was very buggy. To begin with, I couldn't even register an account on it due to errors, so it is very unstable. Hopefully more people and resources get behind it though.

It is indeed a promising little startup. However, I've tested the application a while ago and it was very buggy. To begin with, I couldn't even register an account on it due to errors, so it is very unstable. Hopefully more people and resources get behind it though.

it is still in beta after 3 years 10 mths, so i dont think it will go any further

Yes that is the real concern and I have tried it and installed it and account creation and Posting is all fine but still missing many plugins / features etc and without those we will not be able to use it for production. But if they can make it working with limited feature as well, then I guess it wil be a good as it has a freshness in their thought and may be they have stopped it due to fund issues for the development.

Yes that is the real concern and I have tried it and installed it and account creation and Posting is all fine but still missing many plugins / features etc and without those we will not be able to use it for production. But if they can make it working with limited feature as well, then I guess it wil be a good as it has a freshness in their thought and may be they have stopped it due to fund issues for the development.

I dont think it will develop any further as if still in beta after 3 years and far too many well established forum software out their

I prefer MyBB because of easy to manage forum and have a lot of addons/mods.

If you ask me about paid forum then my vote will be goes for vBulletin or XenForo but I prefer vBulletin.

I have three favorites of forum types to use and setup.

1. phpBB
I use phpBB for situations where i need very indepth permission sets, such as a support forum.

2. SMF
I use SMF for situations where i need automated member promotions for rewarding a member for amount of posts or amount of time as a member.

3. MyBB
I use this for a fun forum where socializing is the norm versus technical. Also this forum i find to be quick and easy to setup and go live in a short amount of time.