What Forum software do you prefer?

vBulletin is a good option for those who are serious about security and feature richness otherwise you can choose the free alternative phpBB

We're replacing vbulletin 3.x with the latest ipboard and so far ipboard is working fantastic in our private alpha forums. Was considering xenforo and a couple others but am very happy with ipboard so far.

Personally, I always go with mybb. It's not worth it to pay for vBulletin, unless you really plan on working hard on the forum.

Personally, I always go with mybb. It's not worth it to pay for vBulletin, unless you really plan on working hard on the forum.

I'd hope anyone going with any software free or paid would work very hard to make it as successful as possible.

Personally though with the routes vBulletin has gone down I wouldn't consider them for any project, if I wanted a commercial solution the only options on the table would be XenForo, IPB & possibly Burning Board (as the v4 sneak preview looks quite impressive).

vBulletin is by far the best and most standard in serious companies. Although you can create your own, it's much easier to customize VB