the most popular domain registrar

Godaddy as they have like there own workplaces in different countries to answer support requests and to deal with errors, Namecheap do aswell but just don't have a as big network centre.

Overall i prefer Namecheap due to the fact its easier and you can use paypal.

GoDaddy is statically the most popular with the most amount of domains, clients and valuation.

Though from my view I see a lot more looking at purchasing domains from NameCheap than GoDaddy :).

Question:

If Kim Kardashian was a registrar would she be the most popular?

There are a few domain registrars that use sexual-appeal strongly in their marketing (i.e Godaddy, Crazy domains). So, I am more than certain she would sell a lot of domains.

There are a few domain registrars that use sexual-appeal strongly in their marketing (i.e Godaddy, Crazy domains). So, I am more than certain she would sell a lot of domains.

Aye, you missed the joke. She would be the most popular without ever registering one domain.

godaddy is definitely the most popular. Not sure if it is the largest. I haven't seen anything supporting this claim. There were many older ones before godaddy came on the scene like natwork solutions which have an advantage of years over godaddy.

We most certainly agree. If you cannot afford being a ICANN registrar yourself, checkout Namecheap. Please note that they ware a reseller from Enom.

Thank you.

Namecheap is also ICANN accredited since 2009, feel free to check for yourself http://www.internic.net/registrars/registrar-1068.html.

It is convenient for them to be an Enom reseller. When they decide to change the state of events - they will.

By the way, I find this topic way more overdiscussed.

There is NO best registrar. There are bad and good, but no best or worst.

Godaddy and Namecheap, as well as Enom.com, Domain.com, Dotster.com, Domainname.com, NetworkSolutions, Internet.bs and many others - are good registrars. They provide reliable service and qualified support.

Melbourne IT, Domain Name Registry of America, Public Domain Registry and many other companies are bad registrars. They ignore support requests and prohibit transferrring out, they often try to fool customers and up sell to them. We dealt with these issues many times, I know what I am talking about.

However, the best course of actions when choosing a registrar depends on your goals. If you need a registrar to host your name for many years - choose godaddy or domainname, thir discounts on registering names for extended terms are huge (you can get a name with all features for $90 for a decade with domainname.com).

However, if you need a name to launch a website and receive high quality support with clear instructions (links to guides with screenshots) - namecheap would definitely be your choice.

Last edited:
It's GoDaddy, but last I checked (I may be wrong) but I could not get their PayPal system to work. I tried to buy a discounted domain but the PayPal always gave me an error saying that it wasn't available or something of the sort. This was awhile ago, so they may have fixed it by now.