the most popular domain registrar

Even though it's the most popular, I don't recommend GoDaddy.com. It has a slow, clunky, ad-ridden user interface.

In order of recommendation for registrars I've used:

Internetbs.net
NameSilo.com
Name.com
NameCheap.com

MelbourneIT.com sucks. Their support is terrible, and I found their interface very limited in functionality.

I've never used DynaDot.com, but I've heard a lot of good about them.

Last edited:
GoDaddy is most likely the biggest but they are simply horrible. We use netearthone.com and they have been great.

- Daniel :)

If you are looking for the cheap domain name registrar with the good and simple control panel than you can prefer enom and if you are looking for the reputed domain name registrar than you can prefer godaddy but its expensive as compare to the enom....

I don’t know why anyone is in love with Go Daddy. I thought they were okay because they had some low prices for domains. Then I began to realize that they are lower but don’t offer as much services for free as other registrars. As I recall you can’t do e-mail forwarding. I am talking about what it was like back in 2005 or so. Not sure what all they are doing now as I moved on to another registrar with better deals and more services.

My major reason for not liking them more than any other registrar is the annoying large amount of steps to get to purchase a domain. They are trying to upsell and I get that, but I wish it was not so effective so the rest of the world that knows what they want and when they want it could just get what we came for and be done with it. Even worse they almost hide the links to skip the garbage and move onto the sale.

That said I much prefer Net Earth One and The UK2 Group over Go Daddy.

Popular /= best. Bear in mind that different registrars also have different knowledge/specialties with other TLDs (ie ccTLDs like .ca).

I do agree with the rest of the members that big company doesnt mean the the best.... its like when they entered the market they didnt have much competition in the market.... Now there are many Webhosting Companies in the market which have best services.........
Many Customers from the Big Hosting Companies are now switching to best companies in market ( not the Big one in market ) :)

My favorite registrar is NameCheap. I've been using them for a few years. They are simple, but have been the most reliable in my experience, and their domains aren't too expensive. Their interface is also easy to use, which is important.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tombarko8