the most popular domain registrar

My opinion

It is a matter of opinion I would say. I ama reseller of a few of them just because for now becoming a Registar isn;t in my budget.
I use Godaddy, as fr as domains or super cheap SSLoccasionally they are good, least for those things they are good.
I also use Enom, am reseller and they have more support for resellers that is for sure
Also OpenSRS, NameCheap, Netfirms, Register.com and 1and1.com and through Bluehost have afew even
The fastest on changes, especially to change registered nameservers ips etc is probably Register and or Namecheap but easiest panel for domaisn to use is probably Godaddy or Netfirms

There are many good company in market that provide option to register domain name such as godaay, bigrocks, name, 1and1 etc. this are some well known name in domain name industry.
:)

I always use namecheap to register my domains. There $1.99 PositiveSSL offer is nice in case you need a quick/low cost SSL for your site and at that price shouldn't all your sites have SSLs?

I always use namecheap to register my domains. There $1.99 PositiveSSL offer is nice in case you need a quick/low cost SSL for your site and at that price shouldn't all your sites have SSLs?

that offer is only available under certain situations https://www.namecheap.com/ssl-certificates/exclusive-positive-ssl-offer.aspx

Exclusive $1.99 PositiveSSL Offer

Comodo PositiveSSL for just $1.99/year?

For a limited time, we are offering Comodo PositiveSSL certificates at the extremely low cost of $1.99 for one year with any domain registration, transfer, or any* other purchase of a product on our website including WhoisGuard privacy protection*** and web hosting. There are absolutely no strings attached and the second year renewal is only $9.00.
How do I get the $1.99 SSL Certificate*?

There are no coupons to enter -- simply purchase any product we offer, and during checkout, you'll have the option to add a $1.99 PositiveSSL Certificate to your cart. You can then use it for any domain you wish. The domain doesn't even have to be registered with us!

Its not just the cost of SSL, the site also needs a Dedicated IP and also not all sites need an SSL, if the site does not sell anything or hold require personal details to be added then their is no needed for an SSL

Last edited:
I don’t know why anyone is in love with Go Daddy. I thought they were okay because they had some low prices for domains. Then I began to realize that they are lower but don’t offer as much services for free as other registrars. As I recall you can’t do e-mail forwarding. I am talking about what it was like back in 2005 or so. Not sure what all they are doing now as I moved on to another registrar with better deals and more services.

My major reason for not liking them more than any other registrar is the annoying large amount of steps to get to purchase a domain. They are trying to upsell and I get that, but I wish it was not so effective so the rest of the world that knows what they want and when they want it could just get what we came for and be done with it. Even worse they almost hide the links to skip the garbage and move onto the sale.

That said I much prefer Net Earth One and The UK2 Group over Go Daddy.

I haven't really had a problem with GoDaddy. We use our own physical servers so I can't really relate on their overall service as we just simply buy the domains there.

I have used both name.com and namecheap.com.

Years ago I used godaddy, in fact my first domain was their them. They were also one of my first hosts. I didn't like how they kept trying to sell me stuff while buying or renewing domains. It got annoying. So I transferred all my domain to namecheap.com.

I later got an account with name.com as one of the hosts I have used had a free domain that came from them. I don't remember for sure how that worked as I remember registering on the hosts site and I was sent an email from name.com about a new account set up in my name with my domain I wanted. I do remember needing to correct my name on that account. I still use it today. I have changed the password just in case the host knew it.

Namecheap's interface is pretty easy to manage. Although, a point for GoDaddy would be the cheap/good deals they offer regularly. GoDaddy's control panel is a bit dodgy though with plenty of upsells. ENOM's interface is not as confusing as GoDaddy, but not as clear-cut as Namecheap either.

Not quite sure, as different person different experience and tastes. As for me, its not easy to use their panel/interface but probably it is because I have accustomed to GoDaddy(which is many people said its also not an easy panel/interface).

However, the namecheap experience for me is still young(not even a month yet), I believe when it started to gel it will be easier for me to handle and find what I need.

The plus point for namecheap is their support which is really friendly and supportive, dont know how to manuever or get certain item/thing then started a chat/ticket and you will receive a full step by step tutorial. So it became handy to a namecheap newbie/freshies :)

I have domains registered at domain.com, namecheap, enom, and godaddy. So far, I have had the easiest experience with namecheap, so +1 to them (based on support times and reliability so far)

Depends how "popular" is being used. If you're referring to the amount of domains under their belt, then GoDaddy is most likely still the largest.

As for service that is arguable but I have liked Name.com over there years. Cool team over there in the past and minimal issues (for myself at least).

I have had issues with domains under GoDaddy a few times so I respectfully avoid them now.

Godaddy as they have like there own workplaces in different countries to answer support requests and to deal with errors, Namecheap do aswell but just don't have a as big network centre.

Overall i prefer Namecheap due to the fact its easier and you can use paypal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zentekinfosoft