Paypal fees: Too high, or not that bad?

So, what is everyones opinion about Paypal and the various fees associated with it?

Obviously many of us would probably prefer that there were none at all, but since they are there...how much do they bother you?

Do you think that the fee's are excessive, or not all that bad?
They are high, but it's still the best way to have US clients pay I.M.O. We use a credit card processor as well, but we've had chargebacks that hurt you.

I guess in other countries like India, MoneyBookers, etc are the way to go.

While I'm not really bothered by PayPal's fees, they seem high to me. PayPal charges the most of any payment processor we accept, by far, which seems ridiculous to me given PayPal's size and ubiquity.

Guys, take into account the monthly fees that you do not pay with PayPal: monthly service fees, statement fees, chargeback fees that you would pay with a merchant account regardless whether you have sales or not.

PayPal is only becoming unprofitable for large volume businesses. Small shops benefit from not having all the headache of fixed monthly fees.

Yes sometimes the fees are really to much its like they are taking 10% of what you are earning :) This is what i feel :)

So, what is everyones opinion about Paypal and the various fees associated with it?

Obviously many of us would probably prefer that there were none at all, but since they are there...how much do they bother you?

Do you think that the fee's are excessive, or not all that bad?

Their fee's are cheaper if you are a low volume client vs going to a bank or gateway provider as most of those charge monthly fee's even if you do zero transactions. The savings of having a gateway provider vs paypal/google check out kind of balance out once you include all of the extra fees that the gateway providers include.

Regards,
AB

They are high, but they do have some things that can help you. Such as, if you have a lot of purchases under 10 dollars, you can get special rates so you don't pay as much.

I would say it's bearable, allthough when the transaction is of less bucks i get shocked OMG ! Paypal deducted so much ! and if it's hundreds of bucks, i feel let it pass :D