Paypal fees: Too high, or not that bad?

JamesCWilson

So, what is everyones opinion about Paypal and the various fees associated with it?

Obviously many of us would probably prefer that there were none at all, but since they are there...how much do they bother you?

Do you think that the fee's are excessive, or not all that bad?

The fees do not bother me that much. Sometimes they are high and I get a lil irrated but it passes.

I hate there fee's . I just sign up with moneybrookers and I want to know if there fee's are cheaper. Just need a new client sign up and pay through them lol.

The fees are what they are. PayPal makes it possible for many small businesses to complete in ecommerce without a lot of overhead.

Paypal is good if you are having any conflicts with the customer, it offers good payment system, but once there are some conflicts you are in the hands of paypal funny customer support team.

Paypal is good if you are having any conflicts with the customer, it offers good payment system, but once there are some conflicts you are in the hands of paypal funny customer support team.

If you are selling tangible products, with shipping, etc Paypal is just fine, but there's no seller protection for services. So say a customer disputes a $300 charge for a dedicated server.. You're really at the mercy of Paypal in spite of all records you have to prove they got what they paid for.

I think paypal is a little expensive, but people are too used to paypal now, they trust it, to offer them alternatives such as 2CO etc is hard as they don't trust things they haven't heard of

Fee are acceptable approximately 70$ for 2400$, or 0.30$/for 1.35$ with the lots of service they provide.

This really worth it.

In comparison to some other payment gateways, their fees are right in line. Personally, too expensive to run my entire operation through them, but we do generate thousands of dollars per month of income through PayPal as clients like it as an option to buy. I'd not run my visa/mastercard through them though, I can get cheaper rates elsewhere.

Overall, I really have not had too many problems with using Paypal, although I do know there are certainly some areas in need of improvement. The paypal fee's are pretty annoying of course, although I do understand why they have them.

Try investigating a full fledged merchant account sometime. You'll see how reasonable Paypal's fees really are plus Paypal doesn't charge you set up fees or annual fees like most merchant account will.

Yeah, paypal fees may be a bit annoying at times but I still think their a good payment processor for any business.

The Paypal fee's exist for a reason, and the service would certainly be of a lesser quality without them. Also, the fee's really aren't that excessive, when you consider everything that they are giving you for it.

PayPal fee's are at the right level I think due to what you are paying for and it takes a lot of hassle off the company. But, I would like to see improvments in PayPal disputes. But fee's are at he right level for the service that we get.

if you use Paypal Safly ..maybe no problem but keep in mide accept only verify Mamber's payment if you want to no disputes