how you choose the best hosting providers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best webhosting providers are the one who are able to provide you high uptime , fastest connection and speed , quality support and affordable packages.

Before you even consider what hosting company is going to power your awesome website, you need to find out what you need and how much you need. for example

Is your website CMS based? (iike wordpress, or joomla).

How big is your website data?

Do you need email hosting?

How much resource are you using? (look at your previous host for details)

Once you have figured this out, then you need to figure out where your customers are based. Like are your users coming from USA or in another location.

Once that has been figured out then you need to find a hand full of web hosting companies that you like. You can find your list of hosts by looking at the hosting offers section or look at reviews, and see what others think of the web hosting they use.

After that is done, then you get to ask a bunch of questions to your possible future web hosting company and figure out what host is right for you.

I would take a second and read this wonderful article http://www.hostingdiscussion.com/sh...rs/1891-choose-your-host-carefully-users.html before finding a host.

I know this is a lot of work and can seam like overkill, but it's important to find a host that is going to power your company or brand, that is going to treat you right. The worse fear for any business or brand is to find a bad host that is not going give what your website needs or worse find out that your users can't access your website, because your host is down. Do your homework, and I am sure you will find the host that is right for you.

For me, I'd always make sure I know what I am looking for firstly like my requirements would be and then I go look around checking for the best offers. I do not rely on rankings much , I'd rather go to the website check the offer and the company, talk to support to ask questions, then see what real people are saying about them. (although it is hard to tell sometimes which review is a genuine one ) . MY final decision would always be how well the company treated me while catering my questions and how good the answers are. :)

It may seem a bit irresistible to search and compare different webhosting packages - the hosting market is so competitive.

It may seem a bit irresistible to search and compare different webhosting packages

...and very confusing when each host is presenting you with 3 or four hosting packages. If you have narrowed your list of hosts to 3 that means you now have "only" 9 to 12 hosting plans and a jumble of quota limits to choose from. This is where unlimited hosting simplifies things for the customer. If you are comparing 3 unlimited hosts, then there is really only 3 plans to choose from -- one from each host. And now you can concentrate on other factors to compare.

The unlimited plan works because any and all sites that can be hosted with those 9 - 12 hosting plans can be hosted on a single unlimited plan. So save yourself from filling your head with disk quotas, database quotas, email quotas, bandwidt quotas, blah, blah, blah, and consider unlimited hosts for your needs. You'll save money on aspirin and get your site up and running sooner!

The unlimited plan works because any and all sites that can be hosted with those 9 - 12 hosting plans can be hosted on a single unlimited plan.

A vailed attempt to suggest that "Unlimited" plans are the best thing on the market which as you and I know is not accurate. Its very possible for a metred plan to actually have better value in terms of performance depending on a number of factors on the so called "Unlimited" server which as has accurately been said here before never exists in the true sense of Unlimited

....Its very possible for a [limited] plan to actually have better value in terms of performance depending on a number of factors on the so called "Unlimited" server which as has accurately been said here before never exists in the true sense of Unlimited

That's a bunch hooey. 99.5% of my customers can fit in any one of your plans (if you had another slightly bigger plan than your largest 100% would fit). What you are telling us is: if I take my Unlimited Plan and break it up into 3 plans like yours, my servers will magically start running better? On the flip side, if you create a single plan out of your three so that all of your customers are paying the same price regardless of disk space, etc., your server will magically slow down?

A web site will run the same and use the same resources whether is was provisioned from a customer clicking on an unlimited plan or choosing then clicking on a limited plan. To think differently reveals a lack of knowledge of how servers operate

the so called "Unlimited" server which as has accurately been said here before never exists in the true sense of Unlimited

No one has ever advertised a "so-called" "unlimited server" or has claimed to own one -- so what's the point. To assert otherwise is total ignorance of the nature of hosting plans and the difference between hosting plan resource quotas and hardware. Read my Unlimited FAQ and learn the truth about Unlimited Hosting

Last edited:
A web site will run the same and use the same resources whether is was provisioned from a customer clicking on an unlimited plan or choosing then clicking on a limited plan. To think differently reveals a lack of knowledge of how servers operate

That i have to agree with, If you have any website, no matter if its on a shared, reseller, VPS, Cloud, Dedicated server or a limited or unlimited plan it will work the same and use the same resources.

That part you are correct. What you are not looking at though is lets say my $1 plan allows you 1GB and your website fits right into that plan then why pay let's say $1.95 for an unlimited plan yet as you accurately put it your website will not magically need different resources? Since you accurately put it that a site will use only what it needs then If I map my site to a $1 mitred plan and it works for me then I may not have need for the unlimited plan until my needs change. My point is that unlimited does not necessarily mean better performance than the limited plans. Which apparently from your post
A web site will run the same and use the same resources whether is was provisioned from a customer clicking on an unlimited plan or choosing then clicking on a limited plan.

you seem to agree so end of argument.

That part you are correct. What you are not looking at though is lets say my $1 plan allows you 1GB and your website fits right into that plan then why pay let's say $1.95 for an unlimited plan....

But you specifically used the word "performance" not "cost" and implied that performance can be better by virtue of the plan being limited. Your price comparison is irrelevant -- I can lower my price to $0.99, or even free, and the issue wouldn't change.

Since you bring up price comparison, you are correct: someone with a website of less than 1GB would pay less ordering your Baby Hosting for $1.00 instead of paying $1.95 for my Unlimited Hosting. But if that customer on your Baby Hosting plan needs, for example:

(1) two mailboxes instead of one - your price increases to $3.99
(2) two databases instead of one - your price increases to $3.99
(3) 2 GB instead of 1 GB - your price increases to $7.99

Whereas under my Unlimited Plan the price remains $1.95 in all 3 of those scenarios. That's how unlimited works. Don't be fooled by other forum members with talk of "unlimited servers" and "unlimited hard drives" that don't exist. They erroneously conflate hosting plans with hosting hardware.

But if that customer on your Baby Hosting plan needs, for example:

(1) two mailboxes instead of one - your price increases to $3.99
(2) two databases instead of one - your price increases to $3.99
(3) 2 GB instead of 1 GB - your price increases to $7.99

how do you know as i see it from his site is this

(1) Unlimited mailboxes instead of one his price increases to $3.99
(2) Five databases instead of one his price increases to $3.99
(3) 4 GB instead of 1 GB his price increases to $7.99

he may offer addons, so a clients can add extra mailboxes, extra databases, extra GB cheaper than having the client upgrade to next plan.

everyone runs their business according to their business plan/model.

We use addons and it is only once the addons + the plan cost reachs the cost of the next plan or over the cost of the next plan we suggest the client upgrade

how do you know as i see it from his site is this

(1) Unlimited mailboxes instead of one his price increases to $3.99
You get only one mailbox on the $1.00 plan. If you want one more you need to upgrade to $3.99 plan

(2) Five databases instead of one his price increases to $3.99
You get only one database on the $1.00 plan. If you want one more you need to upgrade to $3.99 plan
(3) 4 GB instead of 1 GB his price increases to $7.99
You get only 1 GB on the $1.00 plan. If you want 2 GB you need to upgrade to $7.99 plan.

These are just examples. I don't need to post every possible permutation to show how the unlimited plan works next to the limited plan

he may offer addons, so a clients can add extra mailboxes, extra databases, extra GB cheaper than having the client upgrade to next plan.

It doesn't matter, just like it didn't matter when he was the first to post a price comparison directly comparing his lowest plan with my unlimited plan. I am not criticizing....just responding fairly and providing counterexamples to his example.

everyone runs their business according to their business plan/model.

What does that have to do with the price of tea in China? Or are you saying price comparisons should not be allowed?

We use addons and it is only once the addons + the plan cost reachs the cost of the next plan or over the cost of the next plan we suggest the client upgrade

Did you forget your dictum above?

You get only one mailbox on the $1.00 plan. If you want one more you need to upgrade to $3.99 plan

You get only one database on the $1.00 plan. If you want one more you need to upgrade to $3.99 plan

You get only 1 GB on the $1.00 plan. If you want 2 GB you need to upgrade to $7.99 plan.

only if you look at his site, but how do you know who is back end works, once you are a client he could have options for clients to order addons without upgrading to his next plan.

We have many options/addons that are available to active clients that we dont list on our website as they need active plans to be used.

only if you look at his site, but how do you know who is back end works, once you are a client he could have options for clients to order addons without upgrading to his next plan.

We have many options/addons that are available to active clients that we dont list on our website as they need active plans to be used.

You understand this business very well. Rightfully stated if you for example signed for a $1 plan and you out grew it for $1/month you could fire up to 100 SSD Disk OR still for $1 you could addon 100 Emails without changing their plan. Basically the client can still make an addon that they feel best suits their needs but for them to do that they MUST first be clients. We can not run business based on a similar model and for one to erroneously attempt to mean that their preferred model is necessarily better is greatly erroneous

I should, i have been in this business since 1999 and seen many changes and even had my fair share of bad providers and clients.
But touch wood i have never had a DDOS attack.

The frequency at which they are occurring these days, you will pretty soon have to deal with one. Fortunately protection is now readily available with varying success.

only if you look at his site, but how do you know who is back end works.

I don't, and as far as I know neither do you. I was just responding to him comparing his plan to mine -- and I agreed with his comparison. Once again, you are just trying to change the subject by making this some sort of contest and not about provisioning limited plans compared to unlimited plans. He made a false statement repeating a myth about unlimited plans and my post was merely a demonstration using a few examples of how unlimited plans work (using his limited plans as examples, since he started the comparing using his plans against mine)

Your hypocrisy is noted because you didn't ask him the same question about any back end when the comparison favored him. Did you know I have a plan on the "back end" that is $1/yr (not $1/month) that is very similar to his? There was no reason to bring that up in this context -- as I said it wasn't a contest. You can take that at face value or keep trolling.

[I can post a link to my "back end" plan with permission of the admin]

Last edited:
I don't, and as far as I know neither do you.
yes i did look over his website

Did you know I have an unadvertised plan that is $1/yr (not $1/month) that is very similar to his?

well what host does not have an unadvertised/backend plan, you will find a majority of hosts will have such plans.

I know its not a competition, just pointing out that you and even me have no idea how he run his backend. just because a client needs extra space etc, does not mean a host gets them to upgrade to another plan.

You can research the review about that company on Google and then you can post some asking on some related forum to check on other's comments. BTW you can check the price and technical or refund policy of the company that you wanna take a trial use :)

Status
Not open for further replies.