how you choose the best hosting providers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The "best" hosting provider differs for everyone. It depends on each individuals priorities. People give different priorities to different aspects, some will give higher priority to fast support, were as others are more interested in price.

When I am looking at ordering from a supplier, I try to gather as much information as possible, how long they have been in business for, what are the differences between each supplier (their offerings), search for reviews etc. Once I have my shortlist, then I start looking at price.

You can research various web hosting forums and review sites to know more about the most preferred web hosting company. Hosting review contain much information to know the reliability and stability of various web hosting servers.

there are lots of hosting provider globally. It depends in your budget, services or brand name which you are considering.

When someone asks me how can they find the best provider for their website I always start with "What is your location preference - generally the best location is one near your main audience".

This question can cut out so many hosting providers out of the potential host list and then focus on other priorities from there.

The answer though, it depends on the client and what his/her needs are. What he/she wants to achieve, and his/her expansion plans.

To choose best hosting providers every aspect of support, web hosting products, pricing and staff availability is important.

The best hosting provider can be based on quality hardware, network uptime, and quality/quick support. Which requirement are you looking for?

The best place to search for affordable web site hosting plans is the internet itself.
In this kind of tight spot, it is good to evaluate well the web hosting providers.

I usually lookout for reviews about the hosting and also have some industry friends who i refer to before purchasing any such plans. The things that matter to me while purchasing a hosting plan is uptime speed and customer support.

The "best" hosting provider, is not only the host that satisfies *your* need, but also the one who is *always* there when you need them!

Depends if they have a good report. Are they up 100% of time. Word of mouth in another good option. as always ask for references on the colo provider this is always best.

I'm real big on actually talking to the support before buying. I then judge on how fast they reply, how in-depth the answer is and if I can relate to what they're saying.

Once I've approved them of that, I then look for reviews, background information, etc. The more information I can pull on someone the better. After all, why would I want to be paying someone if I don't even know what they can offer me?

Finally, I'll then look at how they present themselves online. That's another big thing to me. I want to see them making a presence online, and not just staying on their site, doing nothing.

There really is no such thing. There are good providers out there. However, those providers may not be what you're looking for.

The answer is generally that "there is no such thing as the best host. There is only, the best host for you and your needs"

Well,
It totally depends on clients how they choose the best hosting provider many of them check reviews many of them purchase shared hosting then go for dedicated server or VPS. So we cannot say how clients use to choose for best web hosting provider

So many different factors come into consideration while choosing a good hosting company. Below, are the things one must take into consideration while choosing a good host:

1)Price
2)Area of specialities
3)Technical specifications
4)Tech Support (This one's the main but sadly many companies fail to deliver good support)
5) Customer Reviews (make sure that you go through different hosting related review sites)

One must also make sure to match server locations with your users location for increased speed!

What do you expect from a good hosting company? Quick order setup? 24/7 support? Diversity of available locations? 99% uptime? Guaranteed money-back period? Freebies? Many companies offer such things and most of these is a MUST, actually.

Here's our idea of REAL value-adding hosting service features:

Multiple upstream options
Multi-homed network in certain locations
Build your own Supermicro-based server
Remote power management & monitoring
Bandwidth pooling and VLAN option for several servers in the same POP
Unmetered 1 GB bandwidth in certain locations

This is what really makes hosting service better that competition.

In case you have other features to mention - feel free to join the discussion )

Status
Not open for further replies.