how you choose the best hosting providers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who Can Host (websites and email) the World Personally?

Hosting companies come and go every day. Some are a flash in the pan of success to suddenly disappear due to lack of interest, funds, or bought out by a competitor.
Your business or organization is not a check or credit card charge in remittance to an invoice submitted. Your business can be adversely effected by the uptime of your website and email service provided. It does not do you (and your wallet) any good if people are trying to find you to get “Page Cannot be Found” or it taking an incredible amount of time to load. Further when people you conduct business with do not receive emails from you because of who you use to host your email is on countless blacklists, it hurts your business in not being able to communicate and it looks bad on you that you are considered a spammer (and you had nothing to do with it).

Last edited by a moderator:
1. Before choosing a hosting company, I monitor their IP for few days for checking uptime.
2. Create a ticket and check response time.
3. I ask my all doubts about their TOS, how they act with abuse report, etc.
4. Company info, domain reg date, company location ,etc.

Well, It Completely depend on your requirements. you should consider the Hosting providers who can give 24/7 Technical support.

You should do some checks before proceeding with the order.

Is it a reliable hosting? Are there good reviews about them?
How long are they in the web hosting industry?
Are they active in web hosting forums?

When you will find an answer to each of these questions then you will pick up the best one :)

1) 99% of the reviews are biased
2) Some long-term companies were providing bad services all time long and will continue to do this in the future; the same applies to newbies (I just can't understand why such companies still survive)
Of course, some companies are providing excellent service from the very beginning; the same goes for newbies
3) Activity on web hosting forums means little, because signature bombing does not work so well any more, so having your posts on hundreds of pages over the web means close to nothing.

On the same hand, providing free help to newbies and building a healthy reputation on the forums you frequent is definitely the right way, because if people ask for help and you provide it, chances of them becoming your customers or recommending your service increase.

You do have to have decent knowledge on the topic for that.

The "best" hosting provider, is not only the host that satisfies *your* need, but also the one who is *always* there when you need them!
Every people begin to choose new VPS providers with some hesitation.choose some providers and consult their support,which is another way to test them how professional they would be.

As stated by a lot of people here, there is no "Best" provider, only what's best for you… (A lot of providers say that in every thread related to this question).

Personally I check the reviews… So google their name. Search them on Webhostingtalk.com. Check reviewhell.com

After check the whois, is it private or public, if it's a private whois just give them the red cross or cross them out off your list. (Why? They expect you to give them your address they should show theirs.)

This might not effect you, but if they are using CloudFlare DNS, I mark them off my list… A provider should trust their own DNS servers they are giving you. Some use the excuse they like their CDN or for DDos Protection, I don't believe that rubbish because MaxCDN, BlackLotus do the same and they could even let you use their BL network.

The next is Price, do they look like they can afford to stay in business, if they charge it too cheap you need to ask yourself "Are they overselling?" If they look like they might be give them the red line threw their name on your list. Overselling can mean bad connectivity and slowness.

Ok after you've picked the package, price and providers, contact their sales team. Do they reply in a timely matter (In opening hours)? Do they know what they are talking about? If they do put a + for each item next to their name.

After all them checks, choose the best one suitable for you.

WHY, this is just a site set up by 1 guy who has hosting on a handful of hosts and only give 1 persons views on a host, so this is not a general review site.

He pays to use hosts and provides honest reviews… up-to you if you believe him or not, but honest reviews is better than someone who doesn't know what they are talking about and doesn't check everything.

He pays to use hosts and provides honest reviews… up-to you if you believe him or not, but honest reviews is better than someone who doesn't know what they are talking about and doesn't check everything.

but its only 1 persons view, no one can collaborate what he says is true in general or just a one off.

but its only 1 persons view, no one can collaborate what he says is true in general or just a one off.

That's why it's up to the person if they want to trust it, but in my opinion he does a good job at checking everything and not just oh the site is working +1.

And everyone's review is 1 person's view, like ours on billing systems. It's hard to just say that review is correct and that is wrong….

That's why it's up to the person if they want to trust it, but in my opinion he does a good job at checking everything and not just oh the site is working +1.

And everyone's review is 1 person's view, like ours on billing systems. It's hard to just say that review is correct and that is wrong….

but you go too WHT, on here or other review site, you can leave a review which is your opinion and others can add to it either to agree or disagree, so giving a more informed opinion of whoever they are reviewing, but just to have a site that only you can post reviews is not worth anything.

I had an ex client once set up such a site that was just full of negative reviews on other hosts, us being 1 because we terminated him for non payment. The reviews were all false attacking competitors which he would remove for a fee of £25.
Of course he never used his own servers to host the site, but once the host of the site was aware what he was doing and the evidence against him the site was taken down.
so in essence anyone visiting that site would see the reviews and then stay clear of them hosts because of what he had written.

It depends what your looking for. First you find out what you want then you find the host that will match your needs the closest. Most hosts are willing to setup custom servers others are not.

The best way to choose a hosting provider is to decide what do you actually need. In accordance to your needs and the size of your website(s) you pick a provider and specific plans they offer. It's important to make sure the support is available 24/7 and check how responsive and prompt they are. It also important that your provider has servers near your location.

The best way to choose a hosting provider is to decide....In accordance to your needs and the size of your website(s)

Most people are unaware of the size of their website, especially if its not built yet :). Besides, as shown in other threads, the disk space requirements are irrelevant these days with single unlimited plans taking the place of a hodgepodge of quota-based limited plans. What difference should it make if your site is 50 MB or 5 GB?

how you choose the best hosting providers?

Inline with choosing the best hosting provider, we have to determine our needs and necessities, product's quality and quantity,availability of resources (like - do the company guarantee for warranty services esp. in times of need such like troubles, are they capable of reaching-out anytime of the day?) How about their history (how long they serve in the market - as to how reliable they are? Are they top-rated? - just to assure security purposes?

Those are tips to be considered. Hope it helps.

Go for reviews of a company, often the smaller web hosting companies are better than the bigger since they have less clients and can actually take thier time to help clients.

Go for reviews of a company, often the smaller web hosting companies are better than the bigger since they have less clients and can actually take thier time to help clients.

Just be careful where you look for reviews!

There are way too many fake hosting review sites out there! If you see a site that ranks HostGator, Arvixe, 1&1, GoDaddy, etc among the best, then run away! These sites are nothing but affiliate links!

For honest reviews, check our WebHostingGeeks.com or ReviewHell.com

Status
Not open for further replies.