HostGator Going Downhill

Almost in daily basis I can see someone complaining about HostGator services after they have been bought by EIG.

That's your prejudiced imagination getting the best of you. You could find complaints daily before the takeover. But that does not mean HG is no good. With hundreds of thousands of hosted sites a few complaints a day is a fraction of 1% of base.

That's your prejudiced imagination getting the best of you. You could find complaints daily before the takeover. But that does not mean HG is no good. With hundreds of thousands of hosted sites a few complaints a day is a fraction of 1% of base.

You could find daily complains and positive reviews about them before, but lately you will find that there are many complains about them.

If you read most of the recent complains (including this thread) you will reach to the conclusion that the reliability of HG services changed as well as the quality of the customer support are decreased.

So, surely it's not prejudiced imagination!

Hi all, I also used hostgator in the Past. They have not good support now also their servers are overloaded which is not a good thing. When I was hosted with them my pages loaded very slowly. They are using softlayer data center but they have oversold their all servers which is not good.

Hi all, I also used hostgator in the Past. They have not good support now also their servers are overloaded which is not a good thing. When I was hosted with them my pages loaded very slowly. They are using softlayer data center but they have oversold their all servers which is not good.

Hostgator is now with EIG's own personal datacenter. EIG pulled them out of Softlayer after EIG bought Hostgator.

so they have gone downhill for sure since being bought by EIG, no question, but for the most part would you say they are still much better than godaddy and a lot of the other shared hosts even with the decline?

Most hosting clients will understand some downtime but when it comes to support, you need solid services. When anyone considers web hosting they might want to put support at the top of the list. It seems that low quality support services are still a big part of the issue that EIG is having if you look across hosting forums over the course of the past year.

Big brands have big reputation and sometimes, it is very tough to maintain it. They have many issues to resolved and it is observed on many forum posts from many unsatisfied customers.

Big brands have big reputation and sometimes, it is very tough to maintain it. They have many issues to resolved and it is observed on many forum posts from many unsatisfied customers.
All that is true, but there are examples of successful scalable growth and HostGator just might not be one of them.