Best Live Chat Software

LiveChatInc has the best UI along with Kayako. It's expensive, but their software seems to be the most fluid. Personally, I'd pick something like Zopim simply because it's cheaper. Makes no real difference to the end user which software you pick, as long as it doesn't drop connections.

Obviously paid version have more features.
For starter, I suggest to use Crafty Syntax Live Help or Zopim (free version) until you have more simultaneous users. Later, you can upgrade or buy new paid version with the growing of more customers/visitors.

We moved to PureChat about a year ago and have never looked back, it has most every feature you could want and it just works without having to fiddle with it.

Stardevelop is a pile of crap on a good day and completely useless on a bad day, avoid it like the plague.

Kayako's is nice, but overall its a pain to theme it and its expensive for relatively little amount of features.

We demo'd numerous other ones and honestly when we stumbled upon PureChat we stopped searching and began setting up all of our staff members. We were completely rolling in a matter of hours and our staff love it.

This one is $16 for life and owned. I just can't get the audio to work.

http://livechat.mirrormx.net/

Maybe someone can fix it and we all can have a great solution. It looks good though and works great. Without sound though it's too hard to look at the screen ever minute.

This one is $16 for life and owned. I just can't get the audio to work.

http://livechat.mirrormx.net/

Maybe someone can fix it and we all can have a great solution. It looks good though and works great. Without sound though it's too hard to look at the screen ever minute.

Contact the author, he should be willing to help.

I think it can serve the very basic need but anything more advanced, another solution would be needed.

Paid live chat softwares are definitely better than free ones because free ones have many limitations like how many operators you can have and how many chats you can take or if you can transfer a chat or create multiple departments. You should compare paid chat solutions and go for the one that fits in your budget.

We've used BoldChat for a couple of years. The software is free, but it is also limited on its capabilities. Works well for our volume.