Kids Hosting

Status
Not open for further replies.
AmericanHoster said:
Still have the same opinion about, literally, kid hosts?

I'm sorry, but yes.
While I'll give you kudos for living up to your own perception of success, 100 clients in today's market is hardly successful.

American-Hoster.com is my newest site, I used to own Inferno-Host but felt it was a retarded name so I closed it.

Moving from name to name does not scream "professional" to me. In fact, it doesn't even scream "serious" to me. When you run a professional business, you simply cannot keep changing your brand at whim, or simply because you're tired of your current name. Professional level customers find this to be an unstable business plan. Additionally, your choice of words there, were not exactly professional.

Also, I just visited a chat room on YIM, and only 2 people of the 38 in there opposed to my opinion of them being idiots.
No one here was witness to this "census" nor do we know what you said to them, etc, nor does anyone really care.

I am not a n00b in this. I have done it for quite some time
you said you were 13. Seriously, how long could "some time" really be? I would lay a bet that you don't have half the experience of those you're calling idiots. One tip is....professional companies don't take surveys in a Yahoo chatroom, but then again, that is kiddie host's prime market...people who know no better.

If you don't see it the same way, you must not have grown up having to walk to the local store.
In fact I did grow up walking to the local store.....by choice. I also grew up learning the value of a dollar. If you choose to be in business, you're choosing to make a living doing it. You're choosing to take the responsibility of other's livelyhood. (your employees).

There is much more to a host's prices than bandwidth and space. A lot of children feel otherwise. I'm sure if you polled a bunch of Yahooligans and asked them, "What would you prefer, a cheap host, or a more expensive host?" most would opt for the cheap host, for pure dollar value. Now, go ask that same question to a serious business person, and they will, 9 times out of 10 choose the more expensive host, because of perceived value of service, customer care, knowledgable staff, etc.

Jim and myself for example, have employees to pay. It's not about raising enough money to go buy the new PS2 game, or a candybar. We have families to take care of, and employee's families to take care of. We are their paycheck.

If you had more than yourself, a playstation, and a computer or 2 to take care of, I'm sure you'd think differently.

In the end, your attitude just solidified my opinion about kiddie hosts. There are very few mature kids out their, that are ready to run a business, but sorry little fella....your example here, tell me that you're not among that crowd.

Last edited:
AmericanHoster said:
My servers, of their running time, have had 100% uptime, as I have used a free monitering website that tested it. Bandwidth isin't that expensive and they shoulden't charge high prices for it. I am just sharing my opinion, as a forum is intended for... My opionion is that they are idiots, not the ones that have slightly high prices, but the ones that charge $25+ for what its valued at about $1 (Or what I would charge if they asked for that; I charge $0.92 USD per GB of storage and $0.12 per GB of bandwidth). If you don't see it the same way, you must not have grown up having to walk to the local store. Until I was 7, my family didn't have a car. As embarrasing as it is, it happens; some of the worlds greatest people were poor. Though, things have changed now. We now own 13 cars, and don't usually have to freat about bills. Also, I just visited a chat room on YIM, and only 2 people of the 38 in there opposed to my opinion of them being idiots. Therefore, Senad, obviously, other people besids "kids" share this aspect.

1) Walking to school is nothing compared to living in a war-torn area during your childhood. You think that having to walk to the store was hard? Try dodging sniper bullets on the way there, my cousins and friend (some who died) had to do that everyday for nearly 4 years (Balkans 1991-1995). So please don't give me your sad story about how you had to walk, others have it harder (such as the victims in New Orleans).
2) Everybody here has not had it easy, we all work hard to make our businesses prosper and we all can understand each other when it comes to managing a hosting business. It seems that the only one we don't understand is you. As grown ups we can all look back and see hardships we have faced and sacrafices we have had to make in order to succeed. At 13 I doubt you have seen any of it.
3) I smell BS with your 13 car remark.
4) Yes I can also bring all of my friends into a chat room (mind you they know nothing about how the industry works on a technical basis), feed them a bunch of BS and have them nod their heads.

I'm sorry if I'm getting a little angry here this kid is just rubbing me the wrong way.

Last edited:
The truth of the matter is, no matter a kiddie host does, the more experience one has, the better they will become.

Adult host then in most cases > Kiddy host - pretty simple.

Who knows, a 16 year old could have been involved in the industry since he was 14 and a 26 year old could have just got into the industry. You still think Adult > Kid?

I personally don't think adults are better. However, as I said many many times...

There are very few kids that are ready to run a business. 9 times out of 10, you'll find that they are extremely immature, and have no knowledge of what it actually takes to run a business, nor have a willingness to learn.

Chris, I can say that I think you are one of those few that is extremely interested in seeing the success of your business through the success of your clients. I can also say that I find you to be very mature when it comes to your business.

You can certainly tell the difference between your personality and AmericanHoster's personality.

It's a shame that the majority are like AmericanHoster, because in the general eye of the industry, it gives you all, sometimes, an unjustified bad name.

Thanks for that Mark. Through this all, Mark, you have been pretty much my "idol" in the hosting industry. You've told me all the stories of how ti started and it motivated me. Thanks again.

As for AmericanHoster, hes the one that will be the loser in the long run, just watch.

AmericanHoster said:
To you and Jordan: It's fun to be helped and its fun to help. If you really think about why humans are here, it's to help humans of the future. I want to be strongly remembered when I am dead. Not as a bad person, but a person who helped shape the future-present.

To the person who complemented my writing: I thank you for you complement; I, unlike other, think about what I say/do before I do it. I also think that on a forum, as popular as this one, I should be literal or else I might embarrass myself and I myself hate it when people cant use proper punctuation. You have to decide what they mean instead of knowing what they mean. People should think about grammar as an important thing because on a forum it's the only way they really get to know you. If you are literal and show good/ok grammar, you probably care and have a positive opinion in life. :rolleyes2

Me Speak English GOOD! :D.

AmericanHoster said:
I forgot to mention; the reason I replied here when I said I wasen't was because I get bored... Dont we all? :agree: :agree:
The reason you replied here was because you got bored and wanted to light more fuel on the fire perhaps? I do want to thank you for proving our point in regards to the majority of kids hosting. Hopefully people will come to understand more and more of why kids are unstable (the majority not all) to run a business.

EDIT: It's called the edit button :D.

AmericanHoster said:
Edit? It's unprofessional :rolleyes:
How can a 13 year old child who runs a business, talk about professionalism. It's unprofessional for a 13 year old child to run a business period.

Oh Yeah.....

I forgot to mention; It's also unprofessional to offer 30 day guarantees, Terms of Service, etc just for the sake of showing them to a customer. You have no obligation to obide by them, as you cannot legally enter into an contract.

Also, if you feel so strongly that everyone agrees with your opionion, how about putting your age, and a photo of yourself in your "About Us" section? I'd love to see the result of that.

Please explain to me how the edit button is unprofessional comparing it to double posting? I'm intrigued to know...

So basically American we should just remove this whole silly little edit button correct because it's truly unprofessional?

Last edited:
Ignore him Senad, he used edit more times than I care to count. Hypocrite would be the word of the day.

Guys, I know it is hard to comprehend AmericanHoster. I also know that at 13 years of age, I did not have enough education to hold a discussion of such scale, nor explain myself on a "professional" level, even though nothing wrong was with my ethics. AmericanHoster made some very bold statements as calling companies around him idiots, so it is on record here at HostingDiscussion. So I advice just to let it go and wait for it to come haunt him later.

Stick to the subject of the forum to prevent it from being closed. If you find material, some interesting news or if you get a cool idea, certainly share it. Other than that, I suggest not spending your time discussing this case anymore. :)

It's too bad your spell check won't do grammar for you.

though some don't seen to really know the term "professional"

Should be "though some don't seem to really know the term "professional"

and

Ones professionalism isn’t decided by their age

Should be "One's professionalism isn’t decided by their age"

and

"I" may not be a professional on YOUR STANDARD

Should be ""I" may not be a professional by YOUR STANDARD"

and

when I call then idiots

Should be "when I call them idiots"

You are also incorrect when you say that it is not opinion when we say you are unprofessional.

You may be professional "for a 13 year old", though some might disagree, but the fact remains you are not professional at a level that is expected in business.

Thank you....

I myself thank you for you correcting me. See, were all only human, and even as I search your posts, I see you too make those simple spelling mistakes. At least it't not caused by lack of knowledge as it is on some people. I have no problem with being corrected. :thumbsup:

Anyway... Other than that, this topic is becoming oddly stupid; so once again, I am off.

Also; I dont use a spell check or grammer check though they make each... Just goes to show you YOU don't know all that much.

Also, a quote you should try to figure its meaning

Ye the daft for inveracity.

One sentence describing you... A dictionary or thesaurus should be able to help you.... :smash:

Status
Not open for further replies.