Which HelpDesk do you prefer

PerlDesk is a great help desk, but it's $40 which is a lot.
I mean, seriously. $40 is technically NOT a lot, but for a program
that doesn't do as much as some other programs, it is.

I mean, you can find other helpdesks out there made from PHP,
who do the exact same as PerlDesk and are free, or cheaper.

I have used Perl Desk, Perl Bill, Cryracle, Kayako, RT Web, Support Client, PHP Helpdesk etc out of which i liked is Kayako.

support system

We decided to go with osticket, http://www.osticket.com. It is writen in PHP, is open source, and has a ton of great features including email-to-support system so people can just email their question to your support email and it will be added to the support system.

Why upgrade?

That is a good question.
People seem to want to jump on every new upgrade just because it is new.
If what you have does exactly what you want it to do, there is no reason to upgrade.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Exactly! Plus, i think my customers would get annoyed if everytime they went to submit a help ticket, they have to re-learn how to do so

I used to use PerlDesk when i was in the hosting biz. But im running a "private" style hosting company at the moment thats helpdesk system is built into vB 2.3.x using a modified/rewriten version of vBhelpdesk (availible from vbulletin.org).

Once i feel that the code is finished i may release it as a update to the vB mod.

Honestly im kinda torn between Cerberus & Inversflow they are both awesome products with a good feature set.

Thanks
- James

PHPGeek2k3 said:
Honestly im kinda torn between Cerberus & Inversflow they are both awesome products with a good feature set.

Thanks
- James
We have demo'd every system, and used pretty much every system over the past 3 1/2 years.

From OmnistarLive to eSupport by Kayako.

There is not one desk system that can come close to the shear power and flexibility of Cerberus.

2.5 came out a short while ago, and it's simply a seperator. It broadens the gap between the two top solutions (in my opinion)
Cerberus, and Deskpro.

We process now 600-900 emails per week through Cerberus (including intranet emails) and it is solid as a rock, running beatifully with the most customizable front end imaginable;
Examples of cerberus customized: www.diyhosting.net/Contact/index.php | www.diysupport.com/DIYSupport/index.php

Simon

The only helpdesk I have had experience with is Help Center Live. I think it could be better in many areas, but then again, it's free. I'll have to look into some of these other helpdesks...they seem interesting.

I have very limited experience with all of those, but I would have to say that Perl Desk is the best IMO from what I have done with them. Perl Desk is pretty much to the point and doesn't have too many fancy features that often go unused.

Old thread...

Kayako eSupport
Favorite out of all helpdesk scripts, it has every function/feature you will ever need. It's a litle pricy.

Cerberus
Never used it, tried the demo and it looked difficult from a admin's point of view, the front-end is not that great and easy to navigate in my opinion.
Price is okay.

SupportTrio
http://www.activecampaign.com/supporttrio/ Ever heard of it? I just found this a few days ago, and it looks great to me just like eSupport but with a few extra features. Integrates with Modernbill, that is a great feature. Price is not bad.

DeskPro
Great script with a lot of features, but the down side is the price, too expensive for the features it offers. Too expensive.

H2Desk
Found this recently, looks great and simple, but a bit expensive for the features it offers, rather pay a bit more and get many more features.

Those are my opinions on the helpdesk scripts I've had experience with :)