Which Control Panel??

Indeed, cPanel is one of the best and most used control panel for web-hosting. cPanel leads the control panel series with its great features and management utility. Many people and hosting companies prefer to go with cPanel. It's system is powerful, robust, and easy-to-use. The only problem I'd say is the license cost. It is costly when compared to other CPs but is worth it.

cPanel.it is a very user friendly control panel when compared to other control panels available in market. Its a very fast control panel and has a very simple user interface, so even a new user can use it easily.

We like DirectAdmin rather than CPanel, it's easier to add your own customisations and leaves you free as to how your hosting stack actually works.
It's also easier to use than CPanel (from my point of view) and definately faster than CPanel (no debate there).
It's also very cheap, at $90 for a lifetime license if you are a provider (you have to prove it).

We use SolusVM and VMWare VSphere for virtualisation.

Most VPS customers are on SolusVM and more demand cloud customers on VMWare.

SolusVM is our choice for OpenVZ and KVM purely because it has the most support in billing software and our different brands use different billing software (legacy reasons) and Solus solved that for us. It does a job and it's reasonably priced.

Last edited:
Worth recommending for shared are cPanel, Parallels Plesk Panel and DirectAdmin.
For VPS: SolusVM or Proxmox.
Depending on what you value more: ease of use, flexibility, popularity, number of functionalities, price, compatibility with other solutions, number of existing extensions and possibility to extend the functionality to the needs of your business, choosing one of these panels should be a good choice.

Last edited:
I have worked with cPanel and SoulVM for some time now and I like to say that I dont have anything bat to say about them.

For Shared Hosting, one and only the "cPanel" is the best option.
But for VPS, can use free (Virtual min/Webmin) & paid SolusVM.

Shared Hosting Plans: cPanel
VPS Sever: cPanel/WHM & SolusVM.

I have had servers using

DirectAdmin/webmin etc. and could never sell enough to keep the servers active using these control panels.

cPanel is the number 1 for linux servers and always will be as this is what a majority of people use

We have recently added an Interworx server with great results. Clients seem a little skeptical at first simply because "it's not cPanel" but once they actually start using Interworx, we have had nothing but good feedback.

It depends on your hosting environment. For shared Hosting on Linux, confidentially cPanel is the best. On windows environment, I myself prefer WebsitePanel. Its worthy much more than what it seems as it is free.

For VPS Hosting, if you are using Xen, OpenVZ or KVM, SolusVM is the best choice. However, we are using VMware and are providing users with vSphere Web Client.

Usually people choose to have the cPanel control panel that comes with the Linux hosting packages. The main reason behind this is that cPanel is a user-friendly control panel that makes life easy for the website owner. Evey thing is simplified in cPanel, right from making the website live to installing the desired applications.

I would say as well cPanel for sure for shared hosting, and I prefer SolusVM for Open-VZ Virtualization as a VPS Hosting control panel. for shared also, I tried direct admin and i liked it too, also zpanel seems to be having a fantastic bright future.

For shared hosting cPanel is for more than 10 years the most user friendly and most customers are very familiar for it, so I would also suggest it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamHostBrett