What's your longest wait time for WHMCS support

whmcsguru

We all know that WHMCS support can be painstakingly long. I'm just curious as to what your longest wait time was, what the longest ticket you had open was..

My own experience:
Opened: 22nd Oct 2015 (14:03)
First response: 23rd Oct 2015 (18:20)
There was a problem with the username/password (woops, I messed up).
Christopher kept responding that night, though, honestly he didn't know what he was doing.

Final resolution time? 26th Oct 2015 (10:27)

Almost 4 days, and I literally got nothing useful from them. The issue, in this case, was data not being passed from WHMCS to Quantum. Something with the module was just not working correctly.

I ended up resolving the issue on my own. How? Uninstalling and reinstalling the module. Same, exact settings were used.

WHMCS support can be frustrating and painstakingly long. Just curious to see what your own experience is.

I once waited around 5 days for a ticket regarding some commercial information. But those days included a weekend, so there was nothing urgent. I think if they got a livechat app they would resolve things faster.

It's fair to say they have had issues with providing slow support.

The longest time for me was probably a couple of days but I very rarely need to contact WHMCS.

Not a support ticket but I've currently got a ticket 'On Hold' in the sales department, started on 16th Jan 2013, last staff response: 18th Jan 2013 and it has been 'On Hold' since then even today.

I can only assume they forgot about the ticket and don't get the tickets put on hold.

I think if they got a livechat app they would resolve things faster.
Not really. It would just add more work for the agent on staff.
Having some somewhat in depth experience and knowledge with them, I can say that until the management opinion changes, nothing is going to change here.

I can only assume they forgot about the ticket and don't get the tickets put on hold.

Probably.

Personally, I've taken to leaving 1 star ratings if my ticket wasn't addressed in a timely fashion. I don't like doing so, but come on, these guys take our money happily every month (for those of us on lease) and can't show us the respect we deserve by answering our tickets in a timely fashion?

The last ticket I email them they tell me they very busy response soon many ticket. Maybe low on staff

No, they just need their staff to be more productive. There's plenty of staff during the day, management just doesn't care about productivity . They'd much rather a staff member spends 20-30 minutes working on a basic ticket and put everyone else on hold

longest i waited is

opened ticket 19th Feb 2016 (07:45)
regarding issue with my old whmcs domains account and me getting a sudden email saying i had a $35 credit in it even though not used it in 3 years.
acknowledged reply to say they will look into it was 21st Feb 2016 (12:56) and then nothing until 27th Apr 2016 (11:00) to say they sorted it and the credit should not have been added to my account, but they went through all my transactions and found they actually owed me $8.05

they don't get that many priority upgrades, and that is only offered during certain times of day

How do you know home many priority upgrades they get?

Also you can chose this option at anytime to pay the $30 for priority support. ( which is the same method used by cpanel)

Only difference is without choosing priority support with cpanel you still get a reply within 24 hrs and normally issue is sorted within 48 hrs.

No, they just need their staff to be more productive. There's plenty of staff during the day, management just doesn't care about productivity . They'd much rather a staff member spends 20-30 minutes working on a basic ticket and put everyone else on hold

Do you or have you previously worked for WHMCS? Interesting post, wondering where you got your information from.

I was, indeed a contractor for their support team for a few months, yes.

Can't really say anything bad about the experience, just wasn't the right fit for either of us. It taught me a hell of a lot more than I've learned in 10 years about their software though ;)

The waiting sometimes is too painful you feel they are deliberately making you wait so you get tires and pay them for the premium support which as you know is a whopping $30 (Last I checked)

You can ONLY keep waiting if the matter does not affect access or prohibit clients from successful paying. LOL

a majority of my clients use recurring payments, so i would still get paid, so if anything like this happens i will just have to manually make invoices paid until whmcs sort things out, which 9/10 they would blame you or your server as their software never has issues in their eyes

a majority of my clients use recurring payments, so i would still get paid, so if anything like this happens i will just have to manually make invoices paid until whmcs sort things out, which 9/10 they would blame you or your server as their software never has issues in their eyes

True they always blame you. They will never have fault

True they always blame you. They will never have fault

The best is you installation can be working 100% and then they issue an upgrade that once installed your installation fails

They still blame you or your server even though before their upgrade it was working 100% so the issue has to be the upgrade

The best is you installation can be working 100% and then they issue an upgrade that once installed your installation fails

They still blame you or your server even though before their upgrade it was working 100% so the issue has to be the upgrade

I know... And we have been there before till we decided that we will always be one release later than what they have as their latest.