What's your longest wait time for WHMCS support

They still blame you or your server even though before their upgrade it was working 100% so the issue has to be the upgrade
Just because something's working before the upgrade doesn't mean it's going to continue to do so afterwards.

I've been working with WHMCS software since '06, and in that time have run across only one upgrade issue, and that was my own fault.

In the time I spent working with WHMCS support, same thing. In almost every single occasion, the upgrade issues were caused by the user's install. Either not meeting the system requirements (which do change), having out of date templates, modules or hooks causing problems. Very rarely was the issue caused by the software itself. That's not saying it never was, but the odds are that it's not the software :)

Just because something's working before the upgrade doesn't mean it's going to continue to do so afterwards.

I've been working with WHMCS software since '06, and in that time have run across only one upgrade issue, and that was my own fault.

In the time I spent working with WHMCS support, same thing. In almost every single occasion, the upgrade issues were caused by the user's install. Either not meeting the system requirements (which do change), having out of date templates, modules or hooks causing problems. Very rarely was the issue caused by the software itself. That's not saying it never was, but the odds are that it's not the software :)

Well as you know they bundle the modules into their software. So they issue an upgrade and it can not work well with the module they bundled up with and you blame that on the client? If it was a custom module that I bought or created or my template causing issues I would understand but by bundling up the module into your software arent you taking responsibility for it too?? BTW Support has previously advised me to edit a hook that was causing problems. Now how was that my fault in the first case?

yet someone else who thinks WHMCS is the only software that is perfect.
easy concept is if something is working fine and that an upgrade breaks that then the issue is with the upgraded software and not a user issue, the thing is WHMCS staff are too quick to blame the user and treat the users as naughty children rather than try and help

Last edited:
easy concept is if something is working fine and that an upgrade breaks that then the issue is with the upgraded software and not a user issue, the thing is WHMCS staff are too quick to blame the user and treat the users as naughty children rather than try and help

And especially if in the requirement section they have not added anything that points to a server requirement you dont have.

Well as you know they bundle the modules into their software. So they issue an upgrade and it can not work well with the module they bundled up with and you blame that on the client
I never said it was going to be 'the client' in every case, just that the software is not usually the cause of the problem. It isn't.

Typically, problems like you mentioned are very easily avoidable. Wait until the second release of the series (usually within a month). By that point, they've caught the issues that escaped the beta / rc testers, and have fixed them, if they're due to be fixed.

BTW Support has previously advised me to edit a hook that was causing problems. Now how was that my fault in the first case
If the hook was editable, it wasn't put in there by the WHMCS software. Yes, it was absolutely your fault.
Wrong. I know full well that WHMCS isn't perfect
easy concept is if something is working fine and that an upgrade breaks that then the issue is with the upgraded software and not a user issue
Wrong again.
It's really not that black and white. Just because you , the user, wants to blame the software doesn't mean it's the software's fault that your upgrade isn't working as it should have. Again, there are plenty of reasons why this could be causing problems, especially with something like WHMCS.

QUOTE=cheapdedicated;191625]And especially if in the requirement section they have not added anything that points to a server requirement you dont have.[/QUOTE]

I've never seen this happen with WHMCS. One thing I'll say, as problematic as their software can be, they tend to update their requirements page rather dilligently.

I never said it was going to be 'the client' in every case, just that the software is not usually the cause of the problem. It isn't.

Typically, problems like you mentioned are very easily avoidable. Wait until the second release of the series (usually within a month). By that point, they've caught the issues that escaped the beta / rc testers, and have fixed them, if they're due to be fixed.
should not have to do this as this means they have released the software when it does not work with the other addons etc. bundled with it.

Ask anyone and you will find that WHMCS are too quick to blame users for issues.