what is the best ticket system?

As I mentioned in the Live Support thread, Help Center live (helpcenterlive.com) is an amazing script that uses PHP and MySQL. It can do trouble tickets, FAQ, live chat, and other things. I find it to be very useful. You get emails when new tickets are created and responded too. Also, users register when they create a ticket, and they must provide information such as name and email address which may be good to have if you need to contact them for some reason. And best of all, its FREE!

Personally I love my two support ticket systems. First I have one setup thru the payment billing system I have called WHM AutoPilot, this allows users with accounts purchased already to submit tickets. With this support ticket system it e-mails you and notifys you of this ticket also.

The second ticket system I have is thru something called Help Center Live, this offers Live Support Chat as well as support tickets if any of my operators are offline or if its Sunday. These two combined have allowed me to offer great support to my customers.

I also suggest something like ICQ, MSN Messenger, AOL Instant Messanger or Yahoo Messenger as another form of support for customers that also have these. I like to use AIM just because of its popularity.

Hope that helps - take care

Regards,
Aaron

We use OSTicket for now since it is capable of being ported into ModernBill. There are some people currently making the integration for Help Center Live to be used in MB also so we will be going to that. HCL allows for live chat, multiple operaters, link pushes, FAQ pushes and ticketing. It is quite powerful for a free product.

We use perldesk, I have no major complaints about it but support is slow and a lot of messages on their boards get ignored.

I used to use Kayako eSupport, but now I own a clientexec license, which I use for my hosting company. There's a support ticket system within that, and it's very good. :) :thumbsup:

We use a ticket system built in Direct Admin but we are going to be purchasing eSupport in the future. eSupport looks quiet impressive.

Kayako eSupport - when it's installed into ModernBill as a module you have the complete solution all in one place - no need for multiple programs, that have multiple usernames and passwords. If you want to do it right, purchase kayako.

I use a combination of OSTicket and Help Center Live. I don't use the ticket features of HCL, instead I replaced the ticket form with an email form, and use HCL for chat only.

I bought EdgePanel and am kind of disappointed with it. Lots of bugs that haven't been addressed. But I guess I can't complain since it's only $35/year.

Cerberus is by far the leader in helpdesk/email management

Honestly, whilst Kayako may look pretty, with it's icon's, that's no cover up for the sheer power of cerberus - the spam training features make Cerberus a powerhouse, over the likes of perldesk, kayako, omnistar, et al

Simon