What do you think about Master Reseller?

Yes offering a site builder can improve sales. Sitepro is good and SitePad would be better option if you are looking for a budget option :)

I tested Sitepad (sitemush) and did not like it. i think softaculous is trying to do far too many things rather than just stick to 1 thing.

SitePro is free to a host with a limited free option to clients, but then can be upgraded by clients if they want. which is a great way to operate

I'd prefer myself to use master reseller hosting. But would prefer alpha reseller hosting but its rare to find good quality master/alpha hosting. And its to expensive to use a vps especially if you don't have the customers to be able to pay for the vps.

I'd prefer myself to use master reseller hosting. But would prefer alpha reseller hosting but its rare to find good quality master/alpha hosting. And its to expensive to use a vps especially if you don't have the customers to be able to pay for the vps.

VPS not that expensive about $20 for a VPS with cpanel. It would cost that for a decent master Reseller account

VPS not that expensive about $20 for a VPS with cpanel. It would cost that for a decent master Reseller account

That all depends where your getting it from but for some people $20 is a lot if your not pulling in any profit from selling anything. I guess for most people it all depends on the persons budget. :)

That all depends where your getting it from but for some people $20 is a lot if your not pulling in any profit from selling anything. I guess for most people it all depends on the persons budget. :)

but you would pay $20 for a half decent master reseller account these days

For security reasons is better keep away from Master Reseller and Alpha Reseller plans. For some reason cPanel don't support those type of schemes that some scripts allow.
The problem is if you have serious customers with business and other content that don't know they are using a shared, from a shared, by a shared, platform. If one disappear...well....

I wouldn't bother, too many security issues.

It would depend on how you have the servers set up. some hosts offer Master Resellers without issue.
Like all hosting it is how well the host manages the services.

I no longer advertise Master Reseller accounts but still have WHMreseller on one of my servers (have lifetime licence) and still have 2 clients running as Master Resellers.

The thing to do is have it configured, so you restrict how many resellers a MR can have and then how may cpanel accounts each of them resellers can have, so you know how many accounts each MS will have under their account.
Like when i advertised MRs i allowed each MR to have 5 R accounts and then each R account to have 3 cpanel accounts, so knew each MR had a Max. 20 accounts under them. If a MR wanted extra accounts then just requested this through a ticket.

It would depend on how you have the servers set up. some hosts offer Master Resellers without issue.
Like all hosting it is how well the host manages the services.

I no longer advertise Master Reseller accounts but still have WHMreseller on one of my servers (have lifetime licence) and still have 2 clients running as Master Resellers.

The thing to do is have it configured, so you restrict how many resellers a MR can have and then how may cpanel accounts each of them resellers can have, so you know how many accounts each MS will have under their account.
Like when i advertised MRs i allowed each MR to have 5 R accounts and then each R account to have 3 cpanel accounts, so knew each MR had a Max. 20 accounts under them. If a MR wanted extra accounts then just requested this through a ticket.
what is WHMreseller for? sorry a little newbie, there is already reseller menu in WHM though

To be fair, if you had the option to set up a VPS with cpanel on it, that IMO would be the better option. Its always better to have as much control as possible and you never know how other people set up their servers and how lapse they are in monitoring resource usage etc

To be fair, if you had the option to set up a VPS with cpanel on it, that IMO would be the better option. Its always better to have as much control as possible and you never know how other people set up their servers and how lapse they are in monitoring resource usage etc

The problem is not everyone has the confidence to take on a VPS. I have a client who has a couple of reseller accounts and paying far more than i could provide a VPS to him, but he does not have confidence or knowledge to take on a VPS

Some reseller hosts promise huge space and bandwidth because they know most customers don't use as nearly as they signed up with their hosting account. But if you really need an amount of space or bandwidth you thought you were entitled to, there might be a problem.

Some reseller hosts promise huge space and bandwidth because they know most customers don't use as nearly as they signed up with their hosting account. But if you really need an amount of space or bandwidth you thought you were entitled to, there might be a problem.
but with master reseller you need to provide the client enough so he can separate to resell reseller or shared plans.

It's a way to provide solutions, maybe it's the closest thing to a VPS being a shared environment but the companies that offer it are saturated servers

companies that offer it are saturated servers

Not always, if you know how to manage these and servers you can run without saturating servers.

When i offered Master Reseller Plans the servers i placed them on were locked off at 40% , so giving enough space for Master Resellers to offer reasonable services. also i limited MR to how many resellers they could offer and how many shared accounts their resellers could offer, so i knew how many accounts at max. a server would have.

Not always, if you know how to manage these and servers you can run without saturating servers.

When i offered Master Reseller Plans the servers i placed them on were locked off at 40% , so giving enough space for Master Resellers to offer reasonable services. also i limited MR to how many resellers they could offer and how many shared accounts their resellers could offer, so i knew how many accounts at max. a server would have.
Yes you are right here, you can't oversell like you do with some other shared plans etc. Master reseller clients actually use the resources they purchase as overselling is enabled in both master reseller and resell levels so in order to keep the servers stable the provider must not oversell.

Master Reseller is soon in for a radical change.

CloudLinux is adding a "Reseller Level" Maximum CPU usage level, this will help with controlling overselling.

We don't support beyond a standard Reseller, but it will be interesting to see how such accounts will work when CL adds CPU limits at the reseller level and not just the user level.

We were promised this end of Q3, so it must be coming soon.

Master Reseller is soon in for a radical change.

CloudLinux is adding a "Reseller Level" Maximum CPU usage level, this will help with controlling overselling.

We don't support beyond a standard Reseller, but it will be interesting to see how such accounts will work when CL adds CPU limits at the reseller level and not just the user level.

We were promised this end of Q3, so it must be coming soon.

that will only work on servers that have CL

Master Resellers are no-no if you really want a stable server. Master Resellers will overload the node and i would advise going with a managed WHM server instead.