What do you think about Master Reseller?

Depends, a "good" managed VPS is going to cost you more than reseller packages

I dont think this is true for every VPS Host. I know with a lot of certainty that under $20 you can get a powerful VPS that handles as much as most reseller plans for the same money. And of course the VPS gives you full access

I know with a lot of certainty that under $20 you can get a powerful VPS that handles as much as most reseller plans for the same money. And of course the VPS gives you full access

yes you can get an unmanaged one for under $20

i have an unmanaged VPS with the following that i use for testing

Disc Space - 120GB
CPU core - 4
Ram - 3GB
vSwap - 3GB
Bandwidth - 3000 GB
IPv4 - 1

$8.95

then you would need to add $15 if you want cpanel, then any other addons

the same provider does managed VPS

1GB RAM
1GB vSwap
50GB Disk Space
2 vCPU Cores (Fair Share)
1TB (1000GB) Bandwidth
cPanel VPS License
Full Management
1Gbps port
3x IPv4 addresses
6x IPv6 addresses
OpenVZ / Breeze Control Panel

$49.95

nearest to my unmanaged would be

4GB RAM
4GB vSwap
150GB Disk Space
4 vCPU Cores (Fair Share)
4TB (4000GB) Bandwidth
cPanel VPS License
Full Management
1Gbps port
3x IPv4 addresses
6x IPv6 addresses
OpenVZ / Breeze Control Panel

$89.95

The cost of vps is cheap,but the cost of cpanel+whmcs(which some host include) is costly overall.However if you get a vps from good host,it will give better performance than average re-seller hosts.

Hello,

Instate of going with Master Reseller it will be a best for to go with Managed VPS Hosting or if you know server management then Unmanaged VPS will be a best option
The master reseller plans are ideal for users with no knowledge on managing servers, so they can resell reseller plans without having root access to a VPS or a server. With Master Reseller plans hosting owner can concentrate on marketing than spending time managing servers.

i would for sure use Master reseller they aren't expensive and they are cheap and easy to run and for good value you get good hosting

In my experience, after a certain time, once they have enough customers for themselves, master reseller clients move to dedi. Because from a customers perspective, master reseller hosting lacks some benefits that can be crucial when you have a decent client base. Such as root access. If you have 200 sites under your MR, providing support without root access can be time consuming and your clients may not like it. That leaves you to only possible option - a server.

In ithis perspective, if a provider can plan it good enough to maintain a healthy environment on the server, yes, it is profitable.

In my experience, after a certain time, once they have enough customers for themselves, master reseller clients move to dedi. Because from a customers perspective, master reseller hosting lacks some benefits that can be crucial when you have a decent client base. Such as root access. If you have 200 sites under your MR, providing support without root access can be time consuming and your clients may not like it. That leaves you to only possible option - a server.

In ithis perspective, if a provider can plan it good enough to maintain a healthy environment on the server, yes, it is profitable.

MR can cause issues for the main server host. Take your example

you have a VPS and have 200 Master Resellers and each of them have 200 resellers who then have 200 shared accounts each.

so now your server has 8,000000 accounts on, but you can only control and oversee 200 ( the 200 Master Resellers) as all the others are not your clients, so you have no control on what is being hosted on the server

MR can cause issues for the main server host. Take your example

you have a VPS and have 200 Master Resellers and each of them have 200 resellers who then have 200 shared accounts each.

so now your server has 8,000000 accounts on, but you can only control and oversee 200 ( the 200 Master Resellers) as all the others are not your clients, so you have no control on what is being hosted on the server

I'd say this statistics is not a realtime scenario. If you are going to offer shared hosting from a VPS, let alone reseller or MR, you need to reconsider your business plan.

I'd say this statistics is not a realtime scenario. If you are going to offer shared hosting from a VPS, let alone reseller or MR, you need to reconsider your business plan.

not that scenario but even say you have

10 MR who have 10 R each who they have 10 shared account sill gives 1000 accounts on the server and you only have control over 10 of them.

well you need a VPS or Ded server to offer MR.

offering MR or even worse Alpha MR gives you less control of what goes on your server.

not that scenario but even say you have

10 MR who have 10 R each who they have 10 shared account sill gives 1000 accounts on the server and you only have control over 10 of them.

well you need a VPS or Ded server to offer MR.

offering MR or even worse Alpha MR gives you less control of what goes on your server.

Aplha and MR are not same, if managed properly, MR is profitable.

As I said earlier, clients who get 10 resellers tend to move to dedi. It becomes virtually impossible for them to provide support to their clients if they don't.

Aplha and MR are not same, if managed properly, MR is profitable.

As I said earlier, clients who get 10 resellers tend to move to dedi. It becomes virtually impossible for them to provide support to their clients if they don't.

Alpha is just next step up from MR without root server access.

why would you say you cant give support to 10 resellers so you move to dedi. as still you need to provide the same support to the 10.

you should only provide support to your direct clients as in my scenario

10 MR who have 10 R each who they have 10 shared account sill gives 1000 accounts on the server

you only provide support to the 10 MRs and it upto them to support their 10R and then them R to support their shared clients, but using MR they can soon fill up your server

you should only provide support to your direct clients as in my scenario

You seem to have misunderstood my last post.

I referred to the MR customer. It becomes tough for him to provide support to his 10 or so reseller clients.

10 MR who have 10 R each who they have 10 shared account sill gives 1000 accounts on the server

Can you relate to a real life situation? I haven't seen a single occurrence where this statistics match. I'd love to hear something that is a real life scenario, not speculation.

To clarify, if you let your imagination fly, 1 unlimited hosting would be enough to fill your entire server. While in real life, that never happens :)

When you say, alpha is the next destination for MR, still you are implying a misconception. The route should be MR > dedi if someone really cares about his clients. Managing a server with Alpha and managing a server with MR aren't the same. MR has the right tools for it, just like we have CloudLinux for shared hosting.

Can you relate to a real life situation? I haven't seen a single occurrence where this statistics match.

It is a simple concept

you have a VPS

you sell 10 Master Reseller accounts
each of these Master Resellers sell 10 reseller accounts which is 100 accounts on your VPS
each of these resellers now sell 10 shared accounts each so that is 100 x 10 = 1000

so now you have 1000 accounts on your server, but your contract is only with the 10 master resellers, so if these sell more reseller accounts then you can soon have a server filled and you have not control over any account apart from the 10 MR.

Only way you can control it is limit the amount of accounts a MR can add to the server.

I no longer offer MR accounts and i limit resellers to an initial 20 accounts, if they want to add more accounts then they just open a ticket and request this.

I also do random checks on all servers picking a selection of accounts and check these out.

and when new accounts are created and the domain does not look right then i will research the domain to see if it has any history and then ask the client to explain about the domain and website.
This way my servers remain clean and user friendly
I am pleased with my safety record as since i started in 1999 i have never had a DDOS attack or hack against any of my servers

It is a simple concept

you have a VPS

you sell 10 Master Reseller accounts
each of these Master Resellers sell 10 reseller accounts which is 100 accounts on your VPS
each of these resellers now sell 10 shared accounts each so that is 100 x 10 = 1000

so now you have 1000 accounts on your server, but your contract is only with the 10 master resellers, so if these sell more reseller accounts then you can soon have a server filled and you have not control over any account apart from the 10 MR.

Only way you can control it is limit the amount of accounts a MR can add to the server.

I no longer offer MR accounts and i limit resellers to an initial 20 accounts, if they want to add more accounts then they just open a ticket and request this.
We do not offer MR either but for the normal reseller we allow them as many accounts as their space and bandwidth can permit them. Of course we dont allow over selling on all shared servers.

I had one master reseller account in 2011.
Its totally depends on how the server owner want to do. I have seen may owner selling master reseller account for 2 or 4 usd month, can you expect satisfaction from it? Also many hosting owner have alpha reseller, super alpha reseller, mega super alpha reseller etc etc.
Always you have to choose good provider for master reseller.
You can choose VPS as well, then setup any free control panel for reseller hosting.

Because the performance would become subpar once you start putting clients on it. Of course, if you put only a few clients, it'll not differ much.

On a cPanel based server, resources are allocated per cPanel, so a VPS with 4 GB RAM, 2 CPU Cores, 20 cPanel accounts will perform way poorer than a cPanel with 1 GB RAM, 1 CPU core on a 32 GB RAM/24 core physical server.

Because the performance would become subpar once you start putting clients on it. Of course, if you put only a few clients, it'll not differ much.

On a cPanel based server, resources are allocated per cPanel, so a VPS with 4 GB RAM, 2 CPU Cores, 20 cPanel accounts will perform way poorer than a cPanel with 1 GB RAM, 1 CPU core on a 32 GB RAM/24 core physical server.

so what is the difference of having 25 shared accounts on a VPS to having 1 reseller account who has 24 shared accounts.

NON as you still have 25 shared accounts on the server, just that 1 of then has been given reseller privileges.

EVERY account on a VPS is a shared account just that some are given resellers or master reseller privileges