What do you think about Master Reseller?

kunnusingh

Hello,

From last few month I see that many of new company or maybe over-seller sell master reseller plans and they sold out lots of accounts, Some of sell more then 200 accounts.

What do you think about master reseller?

This is profitable or bad for long term?

Thanks.

We have a lot of master resellers that have been with us for a long time and are doing very well.

Master reselling is fine and can be profitable, you just need to be aware that you need to place account limits to your clients as think this

you have 2 master resellers who then have 10 resellers each who then have 20 shared accounts each, so from your 2 clients you have 400 accounts on your server so if you do not limit your master resellers just a few can overrun your server and you have no direct contact with whoever then place on your servers

Last edited:
you have 2 master resellers who then have 10 resellers each who then have 20 shared accounts each, so from your 2 clients you have 400 accounts on your server so if you do not limit your master resellers just a few can overrun your server and you have no direct contact with whoever then place on your servers

I agree.

I find it, if not cheaper, certainly "less trouble" to sell someone a VPS with a Control Panel than to give them a Master Reseller.

The main thing as a hoster is to be profitable, you are not doing anyone any favours by being too cheap, as that will only end badly for you and yours customers.

Therefore you have to be very conservative with space to give away to Master Resellers, and it certainly cannot be "Unlimited".

We like to give "more than enough" space to our users but not enough to encourage bad behavior!

I use Master reseller in 2009 but did not get enough reseller customers so on that time my most of money comes from shared hosting accounts.

Later I was realize that master reseller is not for me because of I want to provide quality instead of taking a risk of controlling a oversold server.

Quality of master reseller hosting depends pretty much on the Web Hosting provider, whether they overcrowd the servers, and many other factors. If you have a lot of experience in server management and control, it is a profitable as many people are looking for it. However if you are new, the accounts can go out of control as explained in above posts.

Last edited by a moderator:
you have 2 master resellers who then have 10 resellers each who then have 20 shared accounts each, so from your 2 clients you have 400 accounts on your server so if you do not limit your master resellers just a few can overrun your server

I agree entirely. I no limits exist you may even have just one and that one has 20 sub-resellers each with 20 shared accounts and you have a server full and definately not able to raise the costs

The quality of any shared hosting plan depends on the provider. If the provider is good enough your reseller account will work just fine. If they are crappy they will pass on that crap to your account.

Hello.

Well if you are talking about alpha , beta bla bla unlimited tire master reseller plans better forget about it. But with the type of hardware that we have and with SSD I think 2 tiers of reselling could be safer as follows;.

Owner > Master reseller > Reseller > Customer

It depends on what they offer. If master reseller is offering cloud based hosting then its a good choice but if it is shared hosting then i would choose. hope this helps

Hello,

Instate of going with Master Reseller it will be a best for to go with Managed VPS Hosting or if you know server management then Unmanaged VPS will be a best option

I think master reseller hosting is a bad idea. If you need more resources then what a reseller hosting account can give, then you need to go to a VPS. Any host that offers master reseller hosting as a service, has a cloud solution that can take the abuse or you are over loading the servers. I have been working with web hosting and technology for over 10 years, and in all my time I have never seen a web hosting company that offers Master Reseller hosting, and not abuse there servers.

Last edited:
In my personal opinion, I could never trust hosts that provide master reseller plans. You can call me silly. I just have an instinct that this is a wrong path to choose.

If you need more resources then what a reseller hosting account can give, then you need to go to a VPS.

That's not the point of a Master Reseller plan.

1) Reseller offers Shared plans
2) Master Reseller offers Reseller and Shared Plans
3) VPS offers Alpha Reseller, Master Reseller, Reseller and Shared Plans

but the more steps you provide from your server the less control you have on what is placed on your server.