What are you doing for support at Christmas?

BlackStorm

What are you doing for support over christmas?
Will you not provide support at anytime during the holidays?Or maybe give a notice that it may take longer for a reply..
I dont know what I will be doing for support yet but have to get it all worked out very soon so I have a plan.

We are just going to do our regular support, never a big load on us at any time.. we will all be home for xmas as well... well most of time..

I'm not going anywhere. But, support requests will probally be read at night. However, users can always call me if there is a emergency.

<< What are you doing for support over christmas? Will you not provide support at anytime during the holidays?Or maybe give a notice that it may take longer for a reply.. I dont know what I will be doing for support yet but have to get it all worked out very soon so I have a plan. >>

Well, over Christmas, and the holidays, we are providing support like normal - just because it is the holidays does not mean you should not provide support. Do the shops close? Does the datacenter close? I admit the shops may not be a good idea, since a lot do close - however in the town I lived in before, in England, the local shops were open 365 days a year with no exceptions and was open from 7am to 11pm with no breaks. :gun:
But honestly, how would you feel if the datacenter were to close up during the holidays and say "Sorry guys, no support - it's the holidays! :celeb: "
I know I'd go pretty balistic, especially if I were paying them a lot of money.
I even have consultantcy clients during the holidays and close to Christmas. I think I have one on boxing day even! The only day I won't provide support or go to clients is on the 29th of December because I won't be able to since I'm going to the hospital. Other than that, I still provide support - having consultancy clients are the best though on holidays, if you have the meeting in a restaurant, they usually pay for the expensive meal! :D

Well I know this is too late but anyways we had different technicians working on 3 hour shifts through Christmas and support was provided as normal.

Hey guys, I know you hate old threads being ressurected, but isnt it the right time of year for this to pop up?

so - what is everyone doing for xmas 05?

Christmas 05... Tasks will be cut down like regular billing etc... which can wait a few days. As for support, I wont be at the computer all day but will check regularly and also I usually set up alerts to my mobile so I know when tickets come in and know if they are urgent or not. Between us working the customers dont really see a difference. I think only a ticket or 2 came in last year on Christmas day.