Toll Free Numbers ?!? (800)

I would suggest avoiding a 800 number unless you can man it 24x7. Answering machines are a customers worst enemy when looking for tech support, therefore they can get pretty pissed when getting the answering machine and their sites down. I have actually helped out hosting companies whom were loosing big $$ because their 888 number wasn't manned 24/7 and customers expected support right away. You'd be shocked at just how much a 800 number does cost when not manned 24/7

For those of you in the US - uReach.com is a decent place to get a toll free number, and they offer the ability to choose "easier to remember" numbers or vanity numbers for an additional fee.

They work great for follow me calling and voice mail that can be retreived over the internet - I've used them for over a year with issue.

We have a client only line with Kall8 and a standard public toll free line with tollfreelive.

I've heard great things about Angel.com as well.

We currently use Kall8 as well. They seem to be a decent company. Easy to user interface and priced well too.

was thinking to use angel.com, heard from other forums

We use angel.com for our toll-free number, and k7.net (kall8's fax service) for our virtual fax.

While I don't believe that a toll-free number needs to be manned 24/7, unless you offer 24/7 support, it does need to follow your normal business hour schedule.

We've used GotvMail on our other sites for a long time now and they are absolutely awesome. The cost is really affordable and the options your toll free come with will match any large corporation. I can't rant about them enough. Their support is amazing, and you get the toll free instantly (as long as it isn't a vanity number).