support service on reselling

The level of support a provider gives will rely on the prices they charge. You pay £1 a month or get an ebay £2 a year plan then you cant expect A1 support, but if you pay £100 a month you should expect A1 support.

You may not believe this but let me tell you something about "higher prices equaling better support" theory.

I went to two separate suppliers whose they charged $50 a month for the support alone, which I expect quality support of course. I could not be more wrong.. Let just say they were generally not caring for my issues and just got to them "as they were around" and when I cancel from my last one they were like "but we work outside our hours" (of course when I force fed them their own words they shut their traps up).

Then I gone to supplier that only charges less than $2 a month for "extra" support. Let just says they were exact opposite of these "premium support" packages that I ordered from my last other suppliers.

At the end of the day, it really "boils down" who "behind the wheels" and not so much on the costs of the support package themselves.

You may not believe this but let me tell you something about "higher prices equaling better support" theory.

I went to two separate suppliers whose they charged $50 a month for the support alone, which I expect quality support of course. I could not be more wrong.. Let just say they were generally not caring for my issues and just got to them "as they were around" and when I cancel from my last one they were like "but we work outside our hours" (of course when I force fed them their own words they shut their traps up).

Then I gone to supplier that only charges less than $2 a month for "extra" support. Let just says they were exact opposite of these "premium support" packages that I ordered from my last other suppliers.

At the end of the day, it really "boils down" who "behind the wheels" and not so much on the costs of the support package themselves.

thats why i stated
you should expect A1 support
i never said you would get it. Yes it all depends on who is behind it.
I am one man band, so don't offer 24/7 live support. normally i will be at my computer from 8am til midnight, so will answer support quickly, but does not mean if a client contacts me at 11.55pm i tell them i finish in 5 minutes, i will work with them to solve their issue until its finished even if it means staying up all night. If a client pays £2 a month or £100 a month i give them the same level of support. if i am not available clients can leave a ticket or check our extensive KB. I am a light sleeper, so if my phone is left on and a ticket is created i will normally here this on my phone and get up and look at it, if its urgent then i will reply straight away, if its minor then i will leave it til the morning

Agreed. Although many people prefer to select some cheap vps without consideration about their support.I don't mean all of providers can not offer enough support for their clients.However,you should have to know about whether their support professional.

It is a wrong perception, however, that cheap web hosts entail poor quality of services because there are really, indeed, reputable web host providers that are offering affordable or cheap web hosting packages.

You can provide white-label to your reseller. It will increase sale but also increase your work load.

For resellers I recommended them to do not use 3rd party support for your customer. They can say anything to your client like "we can't upgrade php, move to other host.. etc"

Some customers need a lifeline, many hosts try to phase them out but if your up for the challenge and then offer Skype for all day support.

We get 20/30 questions sometimes in a day from one customer with Skype. It's like a friend sometimes you just chat with all the time.

Most customers though don't care though and know what they doing already.

You must give support to your resellers even if you don't have the knowledge. Yyou need to let them know you are looking into it and then contact who ever you are getting the service from and get a solution.

In reseller you will have slower support as you need to go through your reseller hosting provider before you can go back to your customer.

If you buy cheap reseller, you will have very slow support time and your customers will not be happy.

In reseller you will have slower support as you need to go through your reseller hosting provider before you can go back to your customer.

If you buy cheap reseller, you will have very slow support time and your customers will not be happy.

Not always, you may have a reseller account, but are well versed in fixing issues. Does not say because you are a reseller you dont know what you are doing.

Also we have a system in place that our resellers can offer their clients direct support from us, so these will get the same support as our resellers.

When you are a reseller, you have limited access to the server functionality. So you should do your best with what you have access, and for other issues, you should contact with the server provider and get a solution ASAP. Informing the customer quickly is also a nice move.

What do you mean reselling?
Make sure first you want to make money or build business.
If making money is your choice then support system is depends on you.

But if you are building a virtual business then support system is first thing you should look for.

i think he is thinking want to charge or not if provide direct support to reseller's client.

Well if that's the case then simply make a small charge if they are not your direct clients

If we have a reseller who wants us to deal with one of their clients direct then we do this in 2 ways

1) We charge £2.50 a month per client they want us to look after if on a regular basis

2) If this is just a one off request then we charge £10 per issue which must be paid before we offer any assistance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hostys