support service on reselling

You'd get better help if you are a little more specific...

Are you asking about being a reseller and providing support to your clients or being a host, providing reseller services and asking about end-user support? ;)

your provider should support you and you should support your own customers. since you don't have full access to server on reseller plans your main provider should support you.

Avoid using whitelabel support provided by your reseller and do the support by yourself. It gives it a more personal touch!

There are many impotent features to the support of reselling.

Our most importent is;

• Whitelisted Services
  • Full Managed Support for client and there customers
  • Great upkeep of the server
  • Fast support
  • Reliable Support
  • Correct software for your needs

There are more but they are some of our own top features we pride our self on.

Support is the key to a successful hosting business. It has even gone beyond the traditional ticket support and email support.

Now hosts are practicing 27/7 online support and Phone support.
So if you want to be a reseller look for a company that has quick response time, so that in case one of your clients is having problems, you can easily seek support from your upline provider.

I think it's very very important to provide support to your clients.... if you want to stay in business. If you can't handle this yourself or don't have the time, you could outsource it. If you're nervous about having someone else handle your support, simply monitor them

it is about what kind of service you offer,managed or unmanaged.
Every provider do not want to spend much time and effect on some accounts with ordering low -price service.

Last edited:
it is about what kind of service you offer,managed or unmanaged.
Every provider do not want to spend much time and effect on some accounts with ordering low -price service.

Regardless

If you offer shared/reseller/master reseller/alpha plans then you should offer support to your clients and then if you cant find solution then you can go to your server provider if its a manager server for assistance.

If you offer VPS/Dedicated servers then if its unmanaged then you don't have to offer free support, but can offer support at a chargeable rate. If the servers are managed then you must offer them support.

I know my way around a VPS to fix most issues that arise, but i took these as managed servers as its nice to have a backup if issues arise you cannot fix alone.
The VPS and dedicated servers i offer are all unmanaged, but does not say i wont help clients if they need help, if its a 2 min job, then no problem, if its longer then they pay for support.

I know my way around a VPS to fix most issues that arise, but i took these as managed servers as its nice to have a backup if issues arise you cannot fix alone.
The VPS and dedicated servers i offer are all unmanaged, but does not say i wont help clients if they need help, if its a 2 min job, then no problem, if its longer then they pay for support.
Agreed. Although many people prefer to select some cheap vps without consideration about their support.I don't mean all of providers can not offer enough support for their clients.However,you should have to know about whether their support professional.

I see too many people taking out a VPS as they are as cheap as a reseller account, but don't realise they are in control of the VPS in terms of security etc. rather than whoever they got a reseller plan from.

even on a thread on here you have people don't understand the difference of a VPS control panel (SolusVM etc.) and a Website Control panel ( cPanel etc.)

I mean if it's important to provide support service being a provider?

I cannot tell you how lousy suppliers are with this. Yes it may be a "pain the rear" from time to time but think of this way. Who is more likely going to gain business? One that is providing crap support and the customer just get frustrated trying to run the business and just leaves/quits? Or the provider whose makes sure they do everything they can to get their customers "up the speed" so they will later be successful and get to "bite" some of their revenue that they reap in?

I believe the latter one will do better off even if the first one offers "bottom of the barrel" pricing to "make up" for the "crap ness".

I see too many people taking out a VPS as they are as cheap as a reseller account, but don't realise they are in control of the VPS in terms of security etc. rather than whoever they got a reseller plan from.

even on a thread on here you have people don't understand the difference of a VPS control panel (SolusVM etc.) and a Website Control panel ( cPanel etc.)

A lot of people simply see the price tag and purchase based on that alone. Kind of interesting when you think about it.

When something goes wrong and the end users need help - they just point fingers at others instead of looking at themselves and asking "Did I order the right plan for my needs"?

A lot of times asking this question with the sales or support team at even the smallest host will save you from long nights and headaches in the future.

When something goes wrong and the end users need help - they just point fingers at others instead of looking at themselves and asking "Did I order the right plan for my needs"?
I have had clients contact me with 'my sites down, so what's wrong with the server' or ' my emails are no longer working' and they blame you and the server, then when you look into it you find it was caused by something they have done, you never get a thank you or sorry when you fix their handywork. I have a simple solution to cases like this now in that if its a fix needed due to something they have done then they get charged. Its amazing on how much supports request like this has dropped

I cannot tell you how lousy suppliers are with this. Yes it may be a "pain the rear" from time to time but think of this way. Who is more likely going to gain business? One that is providing crap support and the customer just get frustrated trying to run the business and just leaves/quits? Or the provider whose makes sure they do everything they can to get their customers "up the speed" so they will later be successful and get to "bite" some of their revenue that they reap in?

I believe the latter one will do better off even if the first one offers "bottom of the barrel" pricing to "make up" for the "crap ness".

The level of support a provider gives will rely on the prices they charge. You pay £1 a month or get an ebay £2 a year plan then you cant expect A1 support, but if you pay £100 a month you should expect A1 support.

I am in the process of setting up a server that will provide plans that will not include any free support.