Softaculous Auto Installer

InterWorx has one built in for free. Save yourself $3/month + whatever the price difference is between InterWorx and cPanel (or whatever you're using) at your host.

Easy to say when you are familiar with it :) When a customer comes only knowing cPanel, it would be hard to convince them to change.

Easy to say when you are familiar with it :) When a customer comes only knowing cPanel, it would be hard to convince them to change.

Oh believe me, I know what you mean. You can only evangelize a product so much before you have to let people keep banging their head on the wall (and paying extra to do so.)

InterWorx has one built in for free. Save yourself $3/month + whatever the price difference is between InterWorx and cPanel (or whatever you're using) at your host.

InterWorx does not have the same amount of scripts as Softaculous. also cPanel also has built in scripts installer, but very limited.

If you have a VPS the you can get Softaculous for only $12 for a year and everyone on the server has access to all Softaculous scripts so no idea where your $3 a month comes from as even if you have a dedicated server then Softaculous is only $24 a year

InterWorx does not have the same amount of scripts as Softaculous. also cPanel also has built in scripts installer, but very limited.

If you have a VPS the you can get Softaculous for only $12 for a year and everyone on the server has access to all Softaculous scripts so no idea where your $3 a month comes from as even if you have a dedicated server then Softaculous is only $24 a year

I picked a common price that hosts charge. ;-)

Hostdime charges $3
$3 at namecheap too
Lunarpages charges $15 if I read this right
$4 here
$3 here, too
$3 here
$3 here as well
There's more where those came from.

Fantastico really had the market but Softaculous came in with something cheaper, better & constantly updated as a result they took the market by storm.

Good on Softaculous and good luck to their competitors I guess.

Fantastico really had the market but Softaculous came in with something cheaper, better & constantly updated as a result they took the market by storm.

Good on Softaculous and good luck to their competitors I guess.

Its a shame Fantastico did not keep their product up to date. Like others have said, Softaculous has really become the industry standard over the last 5 years.

Yep, some years ago we used Softaculous and Installertron, but now we only offer Softaculous, they offer a great service at an unbeatable price.

I still remember when everyone used Fantastico DeLuxe back in the day, and it was preferred over softaculous. But with all the new features Softaculous is coming out with and over 300+ scripts, there really is no competition anymore. Their new "clone install" feature is immensely helpful.

We don't have any customers asking for Fantastico any longer. Everyone pretty much has settled in to Softaculous. We offer it on all plans and have had nothing but great reviews from our clients on it. I really see no reason to add both.

Same for us! We never have anyone asking for Fantastico ... but we provide Softaculous as standard and this very much liked by all who use it.

Softaculous has taken the market definitely. The fact that they also offer 1115 PHP classes and keep everything well updated is a real perk. Clients love it, agreed.

While I love how they continue to maintain and support their software, my clients haven't been particularly fond of it; if I look through the logs, very few have actually used it.

Their pricing is very reasonable though, so it only makes sense that they continue to grow!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zentekinfosoft