Softaculous Auto Installer

alex0

Hi,

I am a big fan of Softaculous Auto Installer.
We offer it to all our clients. I wanted to know what people here use.
Are they still offering Fantastico or are they offering Both or are they offering Softaculous.
Is it beneficial to add both ? Do customers still ask for Fantastico ?

We don't have any customers asking for Fantastico any longer. Everyone pretty much has settled in to Softaculous. We offer it on all plans and have had nothing but great reviews from our clients on it. I really see no reason to add both.

Softaculous updates scripts faster then fantastico as least that is what I have seen when I had a host with both. But my current host only offers softaculous.

But some big hosts still offer Fantastico. Take for example Softlayer still distributes Fantastico instead of Softaculous. What do others feel ?

We stopped using Fantasico for clients at least 3 years ago, maybe more. We swapped to Softaculous and are very happy users of their autoinstaller. Whether VPS, Dedicated or Shared hosting - our clients love the ability to install hundreds of different scripts within just a couple of minutes.

I believe Softaculous is the main player now, the design and interface(in user experience) is the most easy and appealing(at least in my experience).

Its quite hard to see fantastico been mention in any hosting today, however there's still some of them offered it.

Althought I had forgetten how Fantastico and Installatron look like lol(maybe because Softaculous is everywhere).

I didnt reinstall Fantastico as Im a reseller for Softaculous and Installtron and some builders I just offer those. 10 years ago Fantastico was great but it doesnt compare to the new ones.

We only provide Softaculous - in our experience their script updates are an awful lot faster than Fantastico. None of our current or potential clients have ever enquired about Fantastico, so we'll be sticking with Softaculous.

We use Softaculous and it seems to work out great. Considered installing Fantastico but I think were doing just fine with Softaculous.

Chad

Both do a great job in installing the scripts without much hassle, if you have atleast one of them I believe you're good to go. Both install about the same scripts, so it shouldn't be a big deal.

Both install about the same scripts, so it shouldn't be a big deal.

amount of scripts and cost is totally different

http://www.softaculous.com/softaculous/compare

VPS plan
Softaculous paid 297 scripts $12 a year
Softaculous Free 54 scripts $0.00
Fantastico 50 scripts $24
Installatron 83 scripts $25

Dedicated server plan
Softaculous paid 297 scripts $24 a year
Softaculous Free 54 scripts $0.00
Fantastico 50 scripts $90
Installatron 83 scripts $50

Last edited:
Both do a great job in installing the scripts without much hassle, if you have atleast one of them I believe you're good to go. Both install about the same scripts, so it shouldn't be a big deal.

Yes, but Softaculous is having more scripts and most importantly its UPTODATE. But I still feel Fantastico has a name out there as companies like SOftlayer, SingleHop and Liquidweb do offer Fantastico.

But I still feel Fantastico has a name out there as companies like SOftlayer, SingleHop and Liquidweb do offer Fantastico.

Yes, because companies like that dont like change. I know the last time i spoke to my Singlehop account manager about this, they were considering Softaculous (but this was 2 years ago, as they have not changed yet)

Yes, because companies like that dont like change. I know the last time i spoke to my Singlehop account manager about this, they were considering Softaculous (but this was 2 years ago, as they have not changed yet)

I can understand them keeping Fantastico (probably a lot of their clients still use it and maybe there resellers still offer it to their clients) though not offering Softaculous along side is really surprising consider it is leading the market.

Softaculous is really very good application. It is also provided by us. I will suggest each hosting provider must include it in hosting plans.

I know what softacolous is going to be offering a windows build for plesk and enkompass also a kloxo and webmin installer they told me