most important features for Hosting business

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Uptime Guarantee
2. 24/7 Support (Livechat, email, phone, ticketsystem, ...)
3. Server location
4. Control panels
5. Price

It may be interesting to contemplate if, indeed, the list of features here that are constantly being repeated are the most important. Has anyone conducted any surveys or focus groups to verify these things?

I have found that support is not really required with my clients i only ever get 1-2 tickets per couple of months if that. the most important i can see that works for me is:

Reliability
speed
realistic limits/plans
good support not always 24/7
price

I have found that support is not really required with my clients i only ever get 1-2 tickets per couple of months if that. the most important i can see that works for me is:

Reliability
speed
realistic limits/plans
good support not always 24/7
price

That's the perk of running a quality shop. :) As long as the "wheels are well oiled" and that you have a quality KB and/or FAQ support is not so "daunting".

The reason it gets to "uncontrollable rates" when you shoving people onto servers to the point instability and other problems start "brewing up" over time. Resulting in a "congestion" in the support department.

Actually, thinking about it, Softaculous is a must have.
If the hosting company does not offer Softaculous or something similar like installatron or fantastico, then I would wonder why that is.
If they are really trying to save $20 a year, I would have my doubts about them.

Softaculous is kind of meh. I would never based my hosting decision on whether or not they had that script, especially in today's $2/month hosting world.

Softaculous brings with it another set of software that needs to be supported, inevitably, by the host. It brings with it more questions, more confusion, and more chances of software going wrong.

Case in point:
Offering Softaculous with WHMCS installs has a pretty decent chance of the install failing, whereas installing the software outright tends to not do so. I've seen far too many cases where Softaculous has rejected a valid license simply because, softaculous. After recommending the user try the direct download, it worked fine

I would normally look for in below order:
1) Support
2) Value for Price
3) Uptime. Reliability
Technical support is very important.

I think you should consider following main 5 features of a hosting provider -

1. 24x7 support
2. Stable and secure server
3. Expert and experienced administrator
4. Best service in affordable cost
5. Quick and perfect solutions for your support request

:)