most important features for Hosting business

Status
Not open for further replies.
they will want to know how much space they are going to get.

I find that to be untrue and most are satisfied to know that they can get what they need without having to know the actual number of GB. They are relieved to know that there is a greater than an 95% chance that they won't need more than a couple GB (and about 100% more than 5) -- especially when they learn it saves them from a high-priced hosting plan with more diskspace then they will ever need

Last edited:
I find that to be untrue and most are satisfied to know that they can get what they need without having to know the actual number of GB. They are relieved to know that there is a greater than an 95% chance that they won't need more than a couple GB -- especially when it saves them from a high-priced hosting plan with more diskspace then they will ever need

Not True, if they are looking long term.

A customer would rather have more than they actually need rather than not enough and then have to spend more money to upgrade later.

Not True, if they are looking long term.

A customer would rather have more than they actually need rather than not enough and then have to spend more money to upgrade later.

Why should they have to spend money on what they might need sometime in the future, when they can just wait for that future to arrive and spend less in the meantime. A host can allocate and invoice for more space without disruption at any time. 95% wont need more than a couple GB....ever. Virtually all rest of them won't need more than 5 GB. It makes no sense for them to pay for more than that (especially at sign-up time). And if they knew how little space they actually need, they would agree with me

This is where my idea of "simplicity" comes in. Offer the customer an easier choice of hosting plans -- by eliminating the "how much space do I need" guessing game -- while delivering the same obvious services as listed in other parts of this thread. No reason to charge them for the privilege of confusing them.

Last edited:
I would rather look at what I need now and what i may need in the future and get then now.

how can hosting not revolve around the amount of space needed. the way you say is if they have a 10GB site then getting a 1GB hosting plan will work.

so sell a 1GB hosting Plan for £2 a month and then 6 months down the line they find 1GB is not enough, so they have to upgrade to your next plan which maybe £10 a month for 15GB, when they may just need a max. 3GB.
this is maximising profits by upselling.

I would rather give them a 5GB plan from the start for £3 a month as this would be enough for them with enough for them to expand without upgrading.

Last edited:
For me the 5 things from top to bottom are the following.

1. Honesty is everything. I been to a TONS of providers who says "24/7" support and doesn't even offer close to it and some that have so called "promised" response times don't offer close to that. Just tell me what you offering and offer all of those things and I will be good.

2. Good communication, a provider that doesn't say what is going on is not good for any business. Or if they are like working on a ticket they should let me know what going on if it goes non responded for hours than they said they are working on it.

3. Reliability, their hardware and network should on quality components to prevent down time from them failing all of the times. I was once at a company that had "HA" cloud yet even though their hardware was operational at all times, their networking and carriers were not even close to so called "HA".

4. Supportive, you may not believe this but some providers were "setting me up for failure". I means like they were not willing to work with me on issues nor even downgrading and even a few problem ones regarding upgrading certain things. You should be with you customers within "good and bad" times.

5. Finally pricing, if a provider provides all the above very well then I would be more than willing to pay a slight premium. But often times most VPS providers just charge way too much for the RAM alone. I would prefer to pay decently for like those instances for each part of the VPS (bandwidth, throughout, cores, diskspace, and the RAM) and not just RAM+CPU+throughout all "mashed up" together.

1. Good Support
2. Expert Sys Admin
3. Otimized & Secured Server
4. Full Featured cPanel
5. Backup and Restore Facility

For me the 5 things from top to bottom are the following.

1. Honesty is everything. I been seen to a TONS of providers who says "24/7" support and doesn't even offer close to it
I corrected you, buy any provider can say 24/7 support and if they have a FAQ/Knowledgebase/support ticket system on their site then they are providing 24/7 support through support articles.

The difference is if the say 24/7 support or 24/7 Live support. The word 'Live' makes all the difference as all 24/7 support means is that they offer a 24/7 means of contacting their support team

1. Awesome & Quick Support
2. Datacenter/Server Admins that are knowledgeable
3. A user-friendly website
4. Services that people want.
5. reliable hardware/software/network.

Amount of storage, amount of bandwidth, good reputation, guaranteed uptime, backup services, customer service, adequate scalability. Sorry, I have 7.

Hello, here are mines :

1. Reliable network and servers, uptime is very important.
2. 24/7 support, customers must be able to get help anytime.
3. Stay on top using new technologies.
4. Fair prices.
5. Communication, communicaton, communication.

Backup Services
Customer Service
Adequate Scalability
Guaranteed Uptime
Good Reputation
24/7 tech support
Customer Service
Features / Add-Ons

Last edited by a moderator:
From what I have heard from customers, I would say:

1. Reliability - Not just uptime, but how reliable is the host
2. Support - Must be knowledgeable, friendly, always available
3. Features - No setup is the perfect solution for every customer. Have different options to fit the various needs
4. Price - You have to be competitive, but most people don't mind paying a bit more, if there getting top notch services and support.

Best Support team
99% uptime on all services
Best Offer on Hosting services
Less Setup time
Highly configured Hosting Services

Let me put a twist to what every one is putting and my number one is a Good BILLING system. We are here to make money not so? Thus
1. Excellent Billing system.
2. Good Support
3. Uptime/ Redundancy
4. Honesty (yes I want an honest host)
5. Reliable (Both servers and Human resource)

I corrected you, buy any provider can say 24/7 support and if they have a FAQ/Knowledgebase/support ticket system on their site then they are providing 24/7 support through support articles.

The difference is if the say 24/7 support or 24/7 Live support. The word 'Live' makes all the difference as all 24/7 support means is that they offer a 24/7 means of contacting their support team
You are spot on

24/7 Support team,
Good uptime
Highly configured Hosting services
Easy way to upgrade and downgrade the Service

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zentekinfosoft