most important features for Hosting business

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Good Support
2. Redundant Network
3. Longevity
4. Good Communication
5. Wide variety of products and services

1. Not just Good, but Excellent Support. Both polite, knowledgeable and clear in their explanations. Able to understand client queries and knowing the right questions to ask if they don't. Always there, always fast to respond.

2. Great system administrators that understand the optimal server setup like they know their name. That goes for both setup, optimization and security.

3. A fully-featured solution - you have to have the essentials of your project at one place for easier management. Tools for web building, security certificates, SSH access etc. are used by almost everyone nowadays so don't make your clients look for them elsewhere.

4. Personal treatment - each client comes with their own personal projects that has its own requirements and means to achieve their goals. Those have to be addressed with the needed personal care and understanding. Knowing just that the "customer 325425 is using WP" just won't cut it.

5. Looking for the future - this corresponds with another important thing and that is being unique. In this large pool of hosts you have to know your business very well and always keep an eye on latest technology so you can always strive to get better and provide a better environment to your clients.

Just the first 5 that came to mind, there are certainly some others holding a different weight. :rolleyes2

1. Good/Fast Support
2. Knowledgeable Admin who you trust and can always reach
3. A user-friendly SEO optimized website
4. Wide variety of products to offer
5. A proper business plan. You need to know where you want to go down the road

1. Yes I agree that the most important thing is firstly their support. Imagine having any difficulties iwth your server and not having the ability to get some help. This especially applies for thse who doesn't have much IT knowledge.
2. Performace. It is very important that the company have different data centers all around the world so you can choose the most appropriate and the nearest to you.
3. Flexibility. Make sure they do not tell you rules. You are the one that should do that. What I mean is make sure that you are able to generate a plan for yourself. There are some companies that lets to set the resources you need and pay only for them.
4. Price. Before choosing any hosting provider I would suggest compare many of them. In this case you will be able to find the best offers and at a reasonable, not too high price.
5. About us page. From this page you can find lots of information and to see how they treat a customer. You can find such things as their establishment years which will show how much experienced they are or core values they will show where they concentrate on while working.

When selecting cheap website hosting, be sure that the web host provider is trustworthy. Try to ask around people about their perceptions on the web host company. What they can say about it?

1. Good, courteous support
2. Longevity, how long has company been around,
3. Multiple locations, and or redundancy in network/DNS etc
4. Expertise in field, get to know ,ore about the staff/owners of the company
5. Products offered, do they offer everything under the sun , or do they focus on selling one great product

1. Reliability , meaning if my site is down or has issues at 1am I would expect to hear a response to my support ticket as soon as possible.

2. Strong Support , if I ask a complicated question don't give me a run around , let me know whats going on or let me know you guys don't know so I could not need to rely on the reply.

3. Powerful Services , servers must be powerful and in healthy state. I don't want my site down because of server is being over worked.

4. Control panel that is always up to date and secured, last thing I want is my site being hacked.

5. Trust , I want to be able to trust my host. Not have to worry about going to sleep and waking up to find my site gone.

4. Control panel that is always up to date and secured, last thing I want is my site being hacked.

That one is not really a reason to worry. Speaking of control panels (like cPanel or Plesk) they are rarely hacked. They are largely used by hosts worldwide and there are extensive tests performed before upgrading.

What I think you are referring to is application and plugin upgrades because they are the most common doorway for unauthorized access and hacks. This is something tricky for the host to handle as some themes or functions of the site are related to a specific application version and upgrading might break the whole website. On top of that clients often use nulled themes/plugins swayed by the fact that they are free and easy to find. Those are just begging to be hacked.

This is why most hosts leave that responsibility to the customer and rightfully so. Without some self-preservation even the best host can't help you. Even if your host does offer such a service I always advice clients to always Update and always Backup themselves just so they can be completely sure. :rolleyes2

Support really only applies to those that need it, a lot of our clients never ever open a support ticket as they know what they are doing. They prefer uptime over support, which of course removes the use of support, since nothing is wrong. But if a client does need support it is important to offer fast and accurate replies.

Hardware and network are also very important as it has to do with uptime. So in short, everything is connected to each other, if one link is missing it affects everything.

Support really only applies to those that need it, a lot of our clients never ever open a support ticket as they know what they are doing. They prefer uptime over support, which of course removes the use of support, since nothing is wrong. But if a client does need support it is important to offer fast and accurate replies.

Hardware and network are also very important as it has to do with uptime. So in short, everything is connected to each other, if one link is missing it affects everything.

Where do you advertise? And what products do you offer?

You're very lucky if you're targeting the type of audience that knows what they're doing (especially considering you don't offer web hosting itself) which is resulting in very little to no tickets. With that, do you still provide 24/7 support?

Our support department doesn't stop growing :p

This can be happen when you split your support into managed or unmanaged support. Customers who opt for the unamanged support need support only in rare cases while customers who have opted for managed support may raise issues whenever they need us.

However while you provide managed or unamanged support for your customers you need your servers fast, stable which can provide high uptime. Apart from that you should have polite and knowledgeable staff which can provide your customer quality customer service, support. In addition to this affordable hosting package can attract customers.

Below are the things one should consider while choosing a good hosting business:

1) Good Uptime
2) backups
3) Exuberant support
4) Accessibility
5) Scalability

If I was looking for a host, I would want one that configures their servers properly and looks at fixing the shortcoming of the "standard installation".

There are lots of things that CPanel, Plesk, DirectAdmin et al do not do well out of the box.

We are always trying to improve the shortcoming of our systems, and if I were looking for a host, I would expect the same continuous service improvement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hostys