Money back guarantee

Of course! :thumbup:

If you abide by the money back guarantee restrictions (if any) then yes, all hosts should honor it and you should receive your money back. Although that's not always the case, unfortunately. So always make sure to do research on your host before signing up!

We would always refund a customer unless they have performed obvious abuse or violated the Terms Of Service and even then if looks like they might have misunderstood something we may still refund.
If you offer a money back guarantee, but don't honour it, that is one way of getting bad publicity from a customer who has less than 30 experience of your service.

can i get really money back if i cancel the service

NO in many cases I seen providers not counting early cancellation constitute to wishing for a refund.

Instead ticket their sales/billing to request your money back. Then they will normally cancel the service afterwards.

Just to be sure you cancel any subscriptions you might have with them though!

This is a very tricky question, and there's no set 'proper' answer.
Can you get your money back ? Let's look at this from a non hosting perspective...

Let's say you have cable company A come in and install service (cable + internet). You use it for a couple weeks, but then realize that nah, you don't want it, for whatever reason.

Are you entitled to a refund? No. You used the service, so why should you be? Really, why?

Yet, it seems ok to do this in the hosting industry. Why is that? Why is it OK to use and abuse staff and services for a month, then claim "Give me my money back"? It's not!!

Now, here's the catch:
IF no service has been used at all, ever, that's a different story. Perhaps a refund (minus business costs, of course) is in order.However, that's got to be absolutely zero usage of the account, whatsoever. No storage, no hosting, no mail sent, nada!

Just my (highly overrated) 0.02

Bad PR is far worse than the amount of the refund, so yes, I would agree under normal circumstances, refunds should be given.

I don't disagree regarding the PR thing. however, it's really an individual thing, honestly. How did the client leave? What sort of client were they, etc...

Depends id a host offers a MBG period as i have seen some than dont offer any.

Also have you hosted with the host before and claimed MBG and then rejoined the host and then ask for money back again which most hosts wont give money back as you already used the MBG.

Not all hosts will give 30 days MBG, so you need to check and normally things like domains, VPS, dedicated servers, addons, IPs, software are excluded from MBG.

We never refund the cost of domains.
If you are not sure you want a domain, the don't buy it.

But hosting, assuming they don't abuse the support staff, is not worth worrying about. Until the customer is fully onboarded, their resource usage is effectively in "spare capacity".

The robot sets up a user and gives them their credentials. If a customer decides they don't like the service for whatever reason, we've offered a no quibble guarantee, so that's what we should deliver. Just like the services we promise must be delivered. No human cost has been incurred. So if they request their money back, that's a couple of clicks to make the refund and a couple of clicks to terminate the service.

It depends on who you work with. Some places offer this but most will have a detail about money back guarantees only being for a very short amount of time.

It is something I honestly don't see many people offer these days.

if the hosting provider having money back policy , as per there money back policy you will get your money back once you cancel the service

if the hosting provider having money back policy , as per there money back policy you will get your money back once you cancel the service

Actually it more like "early cancellations does not constitute to refunds, one must be made within our sales/billing department" or something among those lines.

No, if they just cancel their services, then that is all they do.

If they want a refund under the MBG then they must request this through a ticket from their account. We will then give them a code they must place in the cancellation request.

If someone offers "Money Back Guarantee" for any type of service or product, they usually have a set of rules that you have to abide by. If you haven't violated any of those conditions, then they WILL give you a refund - if they don't, it's false advertising and that opens a whole new can of worms in the legal system.

Just be sure to read the terms and conditions. I use STEAM for some games that I purchase. Various games have different restrictions usually based around playing time. If I play for longer than 10 hours then, no refund available, or partial refund available.

The local book store has a policy that they will give a refund for up to 30 days as long as you provide a receipt and there are no obvious defects to the book (pen marks, coffee stains, dog-eared pages etc).

As long as you follow the rules, any company that says they offer a refund, will honor that refund. It may not be an INSTANT refund, or it may be a credit - so again, read the terms.

and in the UK as a business we have to adhere to

The Consumer Rights Act 2015
The Consumer Contracts Regulations

but like any terms/policies that any company writes, these mean nothing if the consumer laws in your country say something else as these will always over ride whatever you write, so best to get legal advice to what you can write and what you cant.

Some companies won't give your money back but offer you different plan with the amount that you spend, if you're really dissatisfied and just want your money back this can be really annoying.

Some companies won't give your money back but offer you different plan with the amount that you spend, if you're really dissatisfied and just want your money back this can be really annoying.

That is because in some countries their is no law to say they have to give a MBG period.

in the UK we have to adhere to The Consumer Contracts Regulations.
This is the summary

Your right to cancel an order for goods made at a distance starts when you receive the goods and lasts for 14 days

Your right to cancel a service made at a distance starts the moment you enter into the contract and lasts 14 days

If you want to download digital content within the 14 day cancellation period you must agree to waive your cancellation rights

Companies are not allowed to charge you for items they put in your online shopping basket or that you have bought as a result of a pre-ticked box

Exemptions

There are some circumstances where the Consumer Contracts Regulations won’t give you a right to cancel.

These include, CDs, DVDs or software if you've broken the seal on the wrapping, perishable items and tailor-made or personalised items.

Also included are goods that have been mixed inseparably with other items after delivery.

Always check the terms and conditions

The minimum cancellation period that you must be given is 14 days but many sellers choose to exceed this, so always check the terms and conditions in case you have longer to change your mind.

So basically if you as a client just picks a plan listed on a host website and dont configure it or add anything to it then you are entitled to a refund, but once you configure it or add anything then it becomes tailor-made, so exempt from any Money Back under he Consumer Contracts Regulations

Depend on Payment method and hosting provider TOS.

Some provider do not follow their own TOS and If invoice is paid via bitcoin then they will not even reply you while other company strictly follow their TOS and they will provide you refund according to their refund policy.

If paid via refundable gateway then you can easily get refund.